GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Washington DC on Monday and the temperature outside was near triple digits. Put the cover on the bike to keep folks from messing with it when we went to the air and space museum. When we came out after a couple of hours and took off the cover, it was HOT. Got on the bike and tried to drive away only to find the glue on the grips is thermo plastic... the grip just spun on the boss and had no effect on the engine speed at all. It was as if the glue had turned to a slippery grease. Had to pour ice water on the grip to get it to "grip" the boss. Wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

I will find a different glue... any suggestions?:shrug:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Aftermarket Chinese Grips with Chinese glue I assume? Stock honda grips work in any temp I've been in. i ran into that problem changing grips years ago, glue never works, so now I just leave bikes alone. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've noticed when I put my half cover on. It acts like a dang oven. Everything gets hot.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Use Hair Spray on grips. Better than glue and isn't affected by temp.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Pour the grip full of gas. Pour it out. Slide the grip on (fast). When the rest of the gas evaporates, the grip will be "glued" until you cut it off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts