GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fred - Here's a pic of the 07 orange for ya.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The color looks like the copper bottom of a cooking pot that needs to be brightly shined with copper cleaner?

I love the printed "this side up" for the challenged people who don't recognize how to park a motorcycle upright and don't notice the fork lift openings at the bottom!! We're SOL, if they can't read English!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Notice where the tie downs are attached. I thought we have always been warned that the engine guards were not the right place to put tie downs, and in the rear to be sure to attach to the frame.

Does Mother Honda know more about how strong these attachment points are than we have been led to believe?

How do you tie your bike down when trailering?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
I like the bottom pic better...too bad that color isn't available for '07...(sigh) :(
How much Copper Polish would it take to polish it Yellow ?? 8)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If you have ever taken apart or replaced a crash bar you would see that it is a very robust place to strap the bike down. The front bars are bolted to the engine frame very tight. The rear bars are held on by 2 12MM bolts. I would do it the exact way they are. However, when that bike is transported like above sitting in the crate it is not subject to the rough ride like being on a trailer behind a car.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Oh man, isn't that (top) photo gorgeous? :lol: I've often thought that my candy orange looks best when viewed through a pair of dark sunglasses and the colour in that photo looks just right!

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
ShaneStump said:
Who ever would ride a BURNT ORANGE bike must have a low self-esteem :D :D :D!

Best Regards,

Shane
Aggie Class of 85
Yeah, sometimes it gets lonely at the top. :a13:

·
Registered
605 Posts
mr.b said:
Hey Fred - Here's a pic of the 07 orange for ya.

I kept looking at that photo and thinking something looked familiar and then I realized that it was Hatfield Motor Sports in Muscatine Iowa which is where I bought my 04. Sure is a great color. Maybe I will have to go for a look

Ride Safe
Dick

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree, looks more like copper than orange.

I'll stick with my Black Wing.

Dep

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
You guys all missed the most important info in the post. The stencil on the top rail that warns "this side up." Now we can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing the new bikes have been handled properly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry for being uninformed, I've don't trailer (concept behind owning a goldwing), but if I was to trailer, where the hell else could I tie the bike down than by the crash bars ?
everything else is plastic or hidden

Orange... it looks great "on you"

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
triple tree and frame rails

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I really like that color. Almost looks like my 03 Candy Orange, but maybe a bit darker. Some of you guys might not like the Candy Orange and I know it's a love it or hate it color, but I have gotten many, many complements from people about the Candy Orange color.

Another thing about this color, at least with my 03 Candy Orange is the paint is very good with no flaws in my bikes paint and the paint is hard and resists scratches very well. You don't see any spider web marks or light scratches in the Candy Orange paint when it's in sunlight, like you tend to see in other darker colors such as black and the dark reds.

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
I dunno if I like it. I need to see how it looks with bugs smashed all over it and road grime on the wheels and leaned way over in a turn.

Lemme borrow it for a short ride to Montana so I can take some photos to compare and then look at it at the end of the trip.
I promise to be real gentle on it.

Now if only they would make ABS standard....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the great picture. The decision to get an 07 Gold Wind has already been made. (900 mile weekend with the wife on the back of my Voyager did the trick.......hee hee ). I am just waiting to see all the colors before I choose one. I saw an 07 Silver being dealer prepped last Saturday. It was a beauty. Kind of like the Orange but I gotta see the Blue. My last one, an 86 Aspencade was blue and I am a bit partial.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts