GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...unless you want to see an orange 2002 just like your old one laying injured in the street. Thanks to a lady who was drunk at 3:36 pm AND had her granddaughter in the car. :evil:

$7132 in damages. My riding season is over. Sigh...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Bike looks totaled. I hope your ok.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I see jail in her future. I hope you are ok, that just sucks.

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
The wreckless endangerment regarding the child is even worse than her damages to you and your property. She belongs UNDER the jail.

prs

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
...unless you want to see an orange 2002 just like your old one laying injured in the street. Thanks to a lady who was drunk at 3:36 pm AND had her granddaughter in the car. :evil:

$7132 in damages. My riding season is over. Sigh...
DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK!!

:evil:

Stan I'm glad you're able to post. The bike can be replaced. You can't!

·
Registered
581 Posts
That sucks, hope you and your co-rider is ok. Is that her the paramedics are working on? Or the granddaughter?
Looks just like my bike, same helmet and everything.
Hope the drunks aren't gunning for orange ones.
Orange ones are hard to find, hope you get a nice replacement.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
All drunk drivers suck!

So sorry about the wreck, but glad you're OK. The bike can be repaired/replaced. Hope she spends a good amount of time in jail and has insurance.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sleepy drivers are every bit as bad as drunk ones .... don't ask me how I know.

Glade you are ok... it could have been worse ..... surprised at 7 grand on an 02 it is not totaled .... my 2010 4 months old was totaled.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Glad you are OK. Do your best to get her into jail, save someone else.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sucks, hope you and your co-rider is ok. Is that her the paramedics are working on? Or the granddaughter?
Looks just like my bike, same helmet and everything.
Hope the drunks aren't gunning for orange ones.
Orange ones are hard to find, hope you get a nice replacement.
Thanks all for the kind words. My girlfriend (being treated in the picture) had neck and ankle pain at the scene, but ended up with only a sprained ankle. I was thrown into the utility trailer pictured before hitting the pavement, but all I had were some scrapes. We were both very lucky. I had installed those Kuryakyn passenger pegs before the trip. My girlfriend loves them, but they hurt like hell when jammed into your calf.

The majority of the damage was to the saddlebags. The front end was tweaked a little from hitting the utility trailer. There were other bits of damage here and there. The bike was still driveable and I rode it cautiously for about 50 miles until friends brought my Jeep down and hauled the bike home. There was about $5700 of actual bike damage (the rest accessories) on a bike they valued at ~$11K, so they didn't total it. Had they totaled it I was going to try to buy Cruiseman's bike he has on Ebay.

The accident happened at 3:36 pm on a sunny day in Pigeon Forge, TN, on the third day of a five day vacation. We were sitting in a turn lane waiting on the light, and had no warning. She just creamed us. I was on the ground before I knew what happened. Drunk grandma was arrested at the scene. I felt sorry for the granddaughter. She was probably 7-8 years old.

Occasionally I will not wear a helmet if I'm not going far or if the ride seems trivial. That won't happen again. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet during the accident things would have been much worse. Preaching to the choir...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Count your blessings Stan, you both were really very lucky that you weren't seriously injured or worse, and that you got most of the summer riding in before misfortune struck in the shape of drunken granny.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts