GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to ride up to Hector Arkansas last week to see a friend. I needed some parts replaced on my 08 goldwing with 178,000 miles. Found out Fred>:) was only 100 miles from my buddies house so i stopped by Mountain Home first. I have been having issues with the engine running rough and missing out as i accelerated in first and second gear. I went ahead and ordered the 3 coils, wires, and plugs. Now that takes a long time to tear down the bike to get to all of those items. Well long story short he called the next day and he said the bike was ready to go. I was kind of Leary about the bike running any better since it has been doing this for about 10 months. When i took off from his house i noticed it was 100 percent better. I couldn't believe it. He did it for a reasonable price also. If anyone has a bike that has similar miles/rides in the rain and is 12 years old or older, I would do the exact thing instead of trying to replace a wire at a time etc. I know now i am good for another 100,000 miles. Thanks again Fred, you da man.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I had to ride up to Hector Arkansas last week to see a friend. I needed some parts replaced on my 08 goldwing with 178,000 miles. Found out Fred>:) was only 100 miles from my buddies house so i stopped by Mountain Home first. I have been having issues with the engine running rough and missing out as i accelerated in first and second gear. I went ahead and ordered the 3 coils, wires, and plugs. Now that takes a long time to tear down the bike to get to all of those items. Well long story short he called the next day and he said the bike was ready to go. I was kind of Leary about the bike running any better since it has been doing this for about 10 months. When i took off from his house i noticed it was 100 percent better. I couldn't believe it. He did it for a reasonable price also. If anyone has a bike that has similar miles/rides in the rain and is 12 years old or older, I would do the exact thing instead of trying to replace a wire at a time etc. I know now i am good for another 100,000 miles. Thanks again Fred, you da man.
Well ---- there goes your excuse for getting a new bike . You should have played the game a while longer with your bike getting progressively worse.>:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts