GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Angel Ride Videos 20 Disc Set and I can not get the first disc to open or the 10th disc to open. I have Windows 10. What am I missing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I researched and found a program "ALLPLAYER" and it opens the .vob files that are the actual video files on those 20 discs. I then copied the first two discs of the set to my computer creating a folder labeled Mark Harmon's GW Disc(s) and then created 20 folders within that folder to copy each individual Disc to Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. Now all .vob files open automatically on the computer when I click them individually. I will keep the original Disc set as a backup.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I researched and found a program "ALLPLAYER" and it opens the .vob files that are the actual video files on those 20 discs. I then copied the first two discs of the set to my computer creating a folder labeled Mark Harmon's GW Disc(s) and then created 20 folders within that folder to copy each individual Disc to Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. Now all .vob files open automatically on the computer when I click them individually. I will keep the original Disc set as a backup.
Just a point for you, I believe Mark Harmon is a TV star, Fred made your DVD's. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Terry, don't worry, you're not senile. We just suffer from "Sometimers". Sometimes we can remember what we had for breakfast and sometimes we can't. ;) Be safe my friend.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanx Mountain Rider. At 71, I am getting senile or something. Funny because I started this thread saying Fred.

I am just horrible with names..... I may slip up and say Fred Flintstone.... especially after watching one of the videos with one of those strangely shaped "hands" in use holding something. Well, no, not really, but I have had problems trying to remember it correctly.

Fred Harmon is a Star in his own right! 😄
Very true!
Fred was my inspiration to rebuild my 2006 Transmission. No, Fred does not cover a tranny rebuild in his videos for the 2001-2010 bikes, but there was a great deal of useful tips buried within that was invaluable for the task.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of the things I decided about these videos was not to copy them to my computer hard drive. I found my wife's old portable DVD player and the DVDs play on it just great. Although I'm not quite ready to check valve clearances or adjust the stem bearings, I watched those DVDs with great interest. I would chuckle every time Fred would correct himself or joke that he did something right or prevented a mistake. These DVDs are enlightening and fun at the same time. I especially enjoyed Fred's statement at the end of the valve clearance checks that it really is not necessary to take the stress off the cam chains before checking the valves. My Goldwing is a 2005 that I purchased in 2017 after I totaled my previous bike. My bike now only has 28,000 miles on it (a great find) and I plan to keep it until I can no longer ride. So, these videos are going to be a big help. I already knew how to do a lot of the work because of my previous 2001 GL1800. This Summer, providing Covid19 is not still around, I plan to do a 4-corners tour at my own pace and a couple weeklong rides with my son following on his Yamaha. Have Fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts