GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously posted that I really did not NEED your videos but bought anyway after you helped me figure out the cause of my idle issues. Well, I was wrong. Today I used (2) of your videos. They already paid for themselves.

There is another video seller whose name I get the feeling is not popular to mention on this board that I have his also. His is s-h-*-t compared to what you released.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2020 Tour Manual, 2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan
735 Posts
Agreed. With his videos, I replaced my air filter, plugs, removal and reinstallation of the front and rear wheels, and side panel removal. I would not have attempted any of those without help.

Not sure if would break any rules, but I'd like to see him make a video (and commentary) on removing the fuel funnel plastic liner. I've been getting too many splash-backs lately.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. With his videos, I replaced my air filter, plugs, removal and reinstallation of the front and rear wheels, and side panel removal. I would not have attempted any of those without help.

Not sure if would break any rules, but I'd like to see him make a video (and commentary) on removing the fuel funnel plastic liner. I've been getting too many splash-backs lately.
RE: Insert:
Use needle nose pliers, slip one pointy end down between the plastic and sidewall, clamp, twist enough to deform, and pull.

I don’t have a video but I can post a few pics of the process from mine.

If you do it carefully, you won’t destroy the plastic and if you later decide to put it back, it will pop right back in. But I drilled out the bleed holes in the plastic larger than stock and put mine back. It does not splash nearly as much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pretty Navigator thought it was funny, that I played some short sections of Fred’s videos, five or six times, over and over.

Only minutes later, it happened again. She finally asked me why.

I told her: he just revealed a shortcut. Trying to learn it. She was okay with that, and said she had wondered why I bought them, plus a Service Manual & an Electrical Troubleshooting manual.

Told her,”Because Fred has prob’ly forgotten more about the GL1800 than I’ll ever learn. And someday I plan to shake his hand.”

She smiled and called me a “fan boy”.

( been called worse )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts