GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum having purchased a '06 Goldwing Trike (Hannigan kit) last August.

I also own three Yamaha Venture Royales, which are big touring bikes, though the '87 is being used as a parts bike, the '93 is down for repairs, but the '92 is operational.

I commute back and forth to DC (4th and D Street) each day in order to take advantage of the HOV lanes. I work from 6am to 3;30pm Monday through Thursday, telework every Friday and have every other Monday off (AWS day). I ride all year long.

I was wondering if there are any other bikers out there that commute each day on their bikes also.

Having asked that and not really having any luck finding alternative car/van pool transportation, I'm thinking that if there are those that do ride their bikes all year long, that when there's inclement weather that makes it impossible to ride our bikes, would you consider carpooling for those days?

Greg
Rt 3 West

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Greg,

Have you talked with Todd with the Venturers? I know he is retireing in May but that should get you someone for a while.

Welcome to the Gold Wing site and I hope you stop by here a lot.

harvey

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I ride most days - but lay-off (Late Oct-Nov)during deer season. Too many deer out my way and I travel at sun up/down, Have already hit 2 this year w/car. Better safe than sorry!!! I also have owned 2 gen1 Ventures(89&93) and do miss them. It sure is nice this time of year to not have to mess w/a choke tho... I give you Rte.95 commuters credit - that's no place I want to spend drive time. Commute Viewtown(13mi. W. of Warrenton) > Ashburn. Byron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts