GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was telling a good friend who just bought a new 06 Wing about Fred's dvd's. His buddy who was standing there said "naaaa he doesn't need that, he can just go to the Honda Riders Club web site and get all the maintenance video help he needs right from the site". I don't know much about the Honda Riders Club videos so I couldn't tell him he was wrong but I doubt they're as helpful as Fred's.
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Frodo

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Fred's videos are much more detailed and helpful to the mechanically challenged (me) than any other video's I have seen for any motor vehicle application. I have saved several times thier cost on routine maintence (changeing the air filter alone paid for them). I do not have any knowledge about the Honda Video's (I don't remember any on the Riders Club site) but nonetheless, Fred is much more entertaining than any other repair/maintainence video could possibly be. IMOH.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rickster said:
Fred's videos are much more detailed and helpful to the mechanically challenged (me) than any other video's I have seen for any motor vehicle application. I have saved several times thier cost on routine maintence (changeing the air filter alone paid for them). I do not have any knowledge about the Honda Video's (I don't remember any on the Riders Club site) but nonetheless, Fred is much more entertaining than any other repair/maintainence video could possibly be. IMOH.

I agree, I have Fred's dvd's myself. It's just that I was really taken by surprise by what he said. I guess I should add that this guy never heard about Fred's dvd's and I haven't heard anything about the HRC videos.

Frodo

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Fred goes way above the call on his dvd set to explain stuff on the 1800...... for entertainment use only.. :wink: :wink:

I checked on the HRCA site for maintenance stuff ........ very little there. Oil , filter , change spark plugs, check oil.

Mayb I missed something?

8)

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Willing to bet he was referring to the maintenance manual CD that is viewable online - just a copy of Honda's OEM Service manual. Either that or he was just talking - ya think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IR Harry said:
Willing to bet he was referring to the maintenance manual CD that is viewable online - just a copy of Honda's OEM Service manual. Either that or he was just talking - ya think?
Ya my guess is that he was just flapping his jaws. I thought that when he said it but I didn'y know for sure. He is the wind bag type, but a stopped clock is right twice a day, so I thought I'd check here to find out for sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
No maintenance videos on HRC only the service manual, and you can only view the manual for the bike you have registered

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fred's Videos

I just watched Fred's disk 1-3. Now I know that a one-armed barefooted guy can fix anything on a Goldwing! thanks again Fred.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
IR Harry said:
Willing to bet he was referring to the maintenance manual CD that is viewable online - just a copy of Honda's OEM Service manual.
The 2001-2002 CD version of the maintenance manual comes with a few short movie clips to detail some of the services. I do not know if the later 2003+ manuals that switched to pdf or the one on the site contains these same videos though ...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Fred'[s entertainment videos are the bomb, as an ol' school HDer I needed all the help I could get and Fred has saved me untold amounts of money. I installed my CB, air filter change and on, on, on ............... :wink:
Anyone who has purchased that high quality entertainment package should buy the man a coke anytime ya see him. 8) :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts