GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a flier in the mail today from TD Ameritrade offering me a 2GB Nano with a new account opening funded with $10,000 or more within 30 days of account opening. The account must be maintained for at least nine months and can not be any form of IRA's, 529's or other tax exempt accounts (the law won't allow any premiums or kickbacks on those).

This was for current account holders to encourage them to open an additional account. I don't know if they're doing the same thing for new accounts, too, but it might be worth looking into if you're thinking of opening an account anyhow.

I have no vested interest here one way or the other. I just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was interested.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Fantastic. Can I borrow $10,000 to open the account with? You get the principal and interest and I get to keep the Ipod. :D

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I started this thread I wondered how long it would take for someone to post a reply like that. :roll: Only seven minutes!! :shock: Thanks for not disappointing me. :D 8)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Glad to oblige Gary.

Sooooo, does that mean your answer is no? :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
My bank offered me 0.15% annual rate for a three month certificate earlier this week (I only asked because their answer is always amusing). I renewed at 4.05 annual rate for 90 days with Edward Jones. So, depending on the rate, that might be an expensive gift.

Surprisingly, REALLY short term rates are actually better than longer terms right now in Canada.

·
Registered
826 Posts
PayPal accounts are Currently Earning: 5.03%*

No restrictions ,no gifts, no penalties.

*7 day average yield as of 11/22/2006. Yield varies over time. Money market funds are neither insured nor guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. Although the Fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 USD per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the Fund. Learn more about the Fund in the prospectus. The PayPal Money Market Fund is designed primarily as an automatic sweep investment for uninvested cash balances in PayPal customer accounts. Distributed by Funds Distributor, Inc. PayPal is not affiliated with Funds Distributor, Inc. or with Barclays Global Investors.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott_MacMartin said:
My bank offered me 0.15% annual rate for a three month certificate earlier this week (I only asked because their answer is always amusing). I renewed at 4.05 annual rate for 90 days with Edward Jones. So, depending on the rate, that might be an expensive gift.

Surprisingly, REALLY short term rates are actually better than longer terms right now in Canada.
With TD Ameritrade you can invest the money pretty much however you wish. You can buy stocks, mutual funds and, I believe, commodities, too, so the 'return' is really up to you as to what you do with your money within the account. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts