GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Military Appreciation Monday (First Monday after Veteran's Day) is set aside for Golden Corral to honor all active duty and retired military personnel with a free "thank you" dinner and beverage at any Golden Corral restaurant. No identification is required.

Since 2001, Golden Corral has served 1,230,960 FREE meals to active duty and retired military personnel and has raised $1,393,883 for the Disabled Veterans Organization".

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to: http://www.goldencorral.net/specials

·
Registered
657 Posts
Free Dinner

Does anyone know where the location of the Golden Corral is in Kabul, sure would like to participate? Never mind they don't do steak over here. Maybe next year.
Dennis

·
Registered
657 Posts
Greg, we don't get off camp to find out. I presume goat, lamb, possibly old camels. Haven't see any chickens, but am sure there are. They obviously don't eat pork. Haven't see a live cow the entire time I've been over here.
Dennis

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I've been avoiding this thread, I thought it may be a trap. :shock:

·
Registered
270 Posts
PoleCat said:
I've been avoiding this thread, I thought it may be a trap. :shock:
If it was a trap they sure had the right bait for you!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gee, Did I go out on a limb by advertising the TRUTH, Pole Cat? 8)

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
You sure did! Truth in advertising is a pink unicorn. Otherwise I'd have a thick full head of hair, be hung like a horse, and making a fortune on my mutual fund.

I will however be going to the Golden Coral as a paying customer to support their establishment for their noble gesture towards our sevice people.

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
This is a noble dedication.

There with that out of the way I can now say what I thought when I first read the topic, and observed that Polecat was at that time the last poster. All I could think was 'Great, all the food is gone now."

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Three words...Canned Peanut butter

I go to Golden Coral and enjoy that free meal every year.
It tastes so GOOD! :!:
So much better than sitting in the rain on a river bank,
eating that canned peanut butter from the C-rats.
It was old enough that all the oil separated from the paste
and you had to stir it for awhile to make it edible.
I really appreciate Golden Coral doing this.
Somehow, I think I've paid for it in advance. :)
DC

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
The Golden Corral here tanked in about 2-3 years and is now a Pondarosa. :shock: I only ate at the GC here once and did not have a good reaction :x so I never returned YMMV.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
zaT111 said:
The Golden Corral here tanked in about 2-3 years and is now a Pondarosa. :shock: I only ate at the GC here once and did not have a good reaction :x so I never returned YMMV.
Bummer zaT111! I've had experiences like that at some places and did the same as you. Didn't go back. Fortunately, either there are so many other good places that I've never been at a loss, or, more likely, I just have no taste and am easily satisfied. :lol:
Now, around here, I've seen several Ponderosa's go out and several new Gorden Corals open up.
I, for one, would be much better off if I were more of a "quality" eater and less of a "quantity" eater. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: Free Dinner

iwing said:
Molinoman said:
Never mind they don't do steak over here.
What do they do? Chicken? How are the local "eats" around there? Do you get a chance to try that? Just curious.
Whatever it is, it probably tastes like chicken... :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its the thought that counts !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts