GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of MBL risers about a month ago, hopeing to relieve some of the cramps and aches in my shoulders on long rides. You can probably guess by the subject line they didn't work out as well as I hoped. Actually I didn't like them at all. The repositioned handlebars made tight turns more difficult and I generally felt like I had less control. This doesn't mean there not a good product, I just didn't like them.

So, I'm willing to give them to the first person to contact me with a shipping address. All I ask, is that you send me a check to cover the shipping. Express mail with three day delivery is $14.95 anywhere in the us (I believe).

OK, more bad news, when I removed them, one of the bolts for the left handlebar came out with all the threads on the riser. They installed just fine, I can't figure out why this happened. These can't actually be used for riding (unless you replace the left riser). But they would be great for anyone who needs to find out if they will work for them before investing the $78 and finding out they won't work for you.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:( It's too bad they didn't work out for you Dave.
The one thing I found and also a freind of mine is that it took a little getting used too. Sitting on the bike they felt great. But when I went for a ride I too found it a bit uncomfortable in the turns. I begain to raise my wrists up and now I have no problems. I just had to make that one adjustment to my riding style and all was well/ better than before.
I just love my MBL risers.
So for those thinking about them, make sure you give some time to get used too.
Don

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I installed my mbl risers today, and took it for a short couple mile ride (snowflakes were starting to fall). They seemed okay so far, but didn't have to make any tight turns. I did notice that it is a little more tricky moving the bike around in the garage, kind of lose that leverage when backing it in a tight spot and leaning it over a bit.

BTW, for those of you who haven't put them on yet, and are wondering about cutting the plastic cover to fit; I just cut two 3/4" long pieces of plastic pen to use as spacers along with longer screws. The pen was similar to the bic round pens, but was a different brand, as it wasn't as flexible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts