GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved an email just now from Spot.

For the limited time of March 19-March 27, 2009 Spot will be offering a FREE SPOT with the purchase of basic service and tracking (149.98 annual service subscription required. Additon services optional) The offer is only available by clicking here (www.findmespot.com/robby) and is available for U.S. Residents only.

Heck of a deal if you are looking at buying a Spot. I just bought mine last week. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Woooo, if I wanted my wife to know where I was ALL the time, I would have her on back of my bike for ALL the trips... :roll: :doorag:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I wouldn't need it often, but Gwyn would like me to have one for those times when I'm on a solo trip. May be an early B-day present.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm a fan of the Spot. Use it all the time - Lyn can track my progress when I'm out solo and the added saftey the unit offers is really a big plus for riders like me (I do mostly solo riding). A bunch of us took advantage of this same deal last year, and none of us have looked back yet :thumbup:

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Thanks, James. I was on the fence about this and that pushed me over it. I just ordered mine. I ride 98% of the time solo and all over the place. i need something so my family can keep up with me.

A

·
0 Posts
:agree:

I thank you also. I looked at this a couple of months ago but the initial cost was just too high. I just placed my order. The wife will be much happier that she can follow me on rides she doesn't get to come along on :thumbup:.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I don't think that's for me. Hell my adult children would know where we were at all the time.

Now the only time they know anything is when we call and say " Hey, our all day ride got a little carried away. We're about 4 days away, could you check on the cat"?

They swear we are never home.And they're right. My story is "get a good job, raise your children right, see that they get a good college education, then get out of Dodge City"

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't think that's for me. Hell my adult children would know where we were at all the time.

Now the only time they know anything is when we call and say " Hey, our all day ride got a little carried away. We're about 4 days away, could you check on the cat"?

They swear we are never home.And they're right. My story is "get a good job, raise your children right, see that they get a good college education, then get out of Dodge City"
:lol: Now that's funny. Don't turn it on -- No one will know where you are. BUT, if you ride solo alot and in remote areas having the 911 and send help button offer a great level of security you would otherwise have to depend upon cell phone coverage for.

Just an option.

Cheers!

·
Registered
306 Posts
YOWZA!

I was going to order one of these for my trips this Summer...you just saved me some serious money...THANKS!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Just ordered it. I'll let my family and friends use it when they're on rides or trips.

Does it need to be in view of the sky to work, or can it be in a car and still function?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
After the first year, you can drop the tracking service and just use the notify service. $100 a year.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
:lol: Now that's funny. Don't turn it on -- No one will know where you are. BUT, if you ride solo alot and in remote areas having the 911 and send help button offer a great level of security you would otherwise have to depend upon cell phone coverage for.

Just an option.

Cheers!
That's why I have one.I often find myself alone in places my cell phone won't work.
My wife is on the email notification list,and it makes her feel better if she knows I'm still ok

·
Registered
702 Posts

You can either leave it off or choose the spotcasting to allow for voluntary notifications.
Maybe it offers me and my wife piece of mind like ABS offers others...

AG GL

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spot

I bought mine for mc trips as my wife does not ride with me. We used it this last week on a 1500 mile trip in our motorhome over through Arkansas. I manually pushed the button on the top of every hour as we traveled. I gave the tracking page to my kids and few family freinds so they could track our progress. It was a test to see how well it worked. I had it mounted in a suction cup mount on the windshield and it worked just fine there.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Jeff in Ferndale WA; said:
That's why I have one.I often find myself alone in places my cell phone won't work.
My wife is on the email notification list,and it makes her feel better if she knows I'm still ok.

Does she get emails from the NUDE dancing place for notification?? Thats where I usually see the white wing parked.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Good deal, thanks for the heads up. Just ordered. I have been planing on ordering, as 75% of my rides are alone and this will give peace of mind to the Wife and add some fun as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts