GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 level 3 wing with oem cb radio. I'm using a cardo packtalk bold bluetooth headset and the sena freewire. everything works except I can not transmit on the cb. any help, other than to use sena headsets, will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Do you have a wired headset you can hook up to the passenger intercom, so you can test if voice is getting into the mic circuit? Less likely you have it, but also will test, through a voice command GPS or GPS as a speakerphone that is hard wired to the mic.

Voice is supposed to be live in the intercom all the time (when that circuit is on), and only goes to the CB when you push the PTT button. (you are pushing that, right?)

Test will tell you if it is a CB problem, or a getting anything into the mic circuit problem. Which someone else will have to help you with, because I'm out of Schlitz.

·
Vendor
195 Posts
The only headsets that will have full function with the Sena Freewire are the Sena headsets. Sena has coded their programming for mic return function on the freewwire so that no other brand headset will have the mic return function. All headsets will pair to it, and receive A2DP stereo audio, however you will not be able to transmit on the CB radio. I apologize to be the bearer of bad news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts