GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you notice the lower plastic body and engine guards stickng out of that thing.

Pretty neak and wondering why they dont do that on USA bikes?

Fantastic repair costs when you slide a sport bike.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I also noticed he did not use his turn signal when changing lanes around the car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh sorry, I did not see it the first time...my bad.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That was SWEEET.I love police bikes.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
POLICE BIKES

that video reminds me of one of my many blue ridge parkway,skyline drive rides in va,THEY DO MEAN 35 MPH,dont ask how i know :oops: OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is indeed a commercial in Dutch from Yamaha Netherlands, but the Fench Gendarmerie where the first big police force which bouth 1300 Yamaha FJR1300's. In the Netherlands a lot of police forces are changing from BMW or Honda ST1300 to the FJR. The reasons:
BMW because of cost, weight and no more 4 cilinders available, only boxers.
The Honda ST1100 was very popular with police forces, but the new ST1300 has stability problems at high speed.

The FJR is for sure a big hitter in Europe for Yamaha, both for private the police users and has taken market share from BMW and Honda.

The power of an R1 with shaft drive at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
CharlieUPI said:
I also noticed he did not use his turn signal when changing lanes around the car.
Actually, he did.
Yes he did, had on his right t/s after he pulled ahead of the car. Didn't use his turn signal when going around the other bike, though, even though he motioned the bike over with his right hand.

Great video! How about that circle he was making around the pole while holding onto that rope!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts