GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that my teeth have become somewhat..."ignored"...lately. When I brush my teeth, the usual luster isn't prevalent anymore. My teeth are becoming politician or Hollywood white, which means I haven't been picking bugs and stuff from my teeth. Hence, my teeth are being ignored.

So, to cure this malady, I'm thinking about turning south around Chillicothe, then continue south for awhile, until I find some fall color.

Perhaps make a swing east to pick up the Great River Road.

Perhaps roll through some deeply forested areas which are lacking in the NW part of the state.

No real direction or destination at this point, just a journey into the Ozarks. Not sure if I'll be out playing for one day or two at this point, it all depends on family business late Saturday night.

Anybody up for some play time?

- David

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alas, the Great River Road is beckoning. Think I'll head in the general direction of Hannibal, then go from there. Catch some views from many of the nearby bluffs overlooking the muddy stream.

Now, it's all about the break away time and where to have lunch...

- David

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had lunch at Becky Thatcher's yesterday and it was your traditional diner food...with the exception of the homemade potato chips. Next time I go there, I'll have them in lieu of the abundant fries which came with my Becky's Burger. :)

Nice day in the saddle, even though the Wind from Everywhere Else left up in a constant lean going and coming.

Walked around Old Town Hannibal for a bit, loitered in some new shops but left the "treasures" there for others to find. And I even brought the trailer! Go figure...

Had dinner in Trenton right at dusk, then riding home in the dark. I've forgotten just how bright those H7's are on low beam, even had multiple on-coming cars flash their brights at me. I made sure the lamps were lowered to avoid such a situation, so flashed my brights on/off, just to let them know I was running them as low as possible.

Nice day to be on two wheels with my best friend.

- David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts