GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the west coast and on our way through Yellowstone we ran into a biker gang by the name Bandito's. At first I figured it was a group hired by Frito Lay to market their corn chips. It worked as the first thing I did was go into the store and buy a bag. Then I noticed they all had a 1% on the nice squeaky clean jackets (no puke or urine on these guys) So I figure this was one of the awareness groups trying to help those with lactose intolerance.
Personally I like whole milk but it's a good cause anyway :cool:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Just got back from the west coast and on our way through Yellowstone we ran into a biker gang by the name Bandito's. At first I figured it was a group hired by Frito Lay to market their corn chips. It worked as the first thing I did was go into the store and buy a bag. Then I noticed they all had a 1% on the nice squeaky clean jackets (no puke or urine on these guys) So I figure this was one of the awareness groups trying to help those with lactose intolerance.
If only we could all embrace our differences, celebrate our uniquenesses.

Personally, I love lactose in any form: whole milk, 2%, 1%, chocolate, plain yogurt, fruity yogurt, Greek yogurt, Swiss cheese...

"Alle Menschen Werden Brüder." ~ Schiller/Beethoven

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
glad to see you were smart enough to put your witticisms here in print instead of verbalizing them to the members. Say what you want about 1%ers, some don't take kindly to "humor" at their expense.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Never heard of the "Bandito's". If it was the "Bandidos", they make the Hells Angels look like a church choir. I think they started in the Ft Worth/Dallas area. My experience with 1% bike clubs in my travels is be polite, be respectful, and you won't have a problem. My best buddy in Killeen, Tx had a flat on the interstate near Austin - 3 Bandidos stopped to check on him (he thought he was going to die). They assesed the tire situation, made a phone call, and 15 minutes later a truck pulled up behind them. They removed the rear wheel, changed the tire and sent him on his way. My buddy offered to pay them for the new tire and their labor and they refused to take it. 1%'rs are people too....paul

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The surprising thing was how neat and clean their costumes were. I honestly thought at first they may be a remake of Wild Hogs.
I kept looking for John Revolting and James Macy.

They may be bad but they're neat ;)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Okie you must of not been wearing your LEO t-shirt or hat. We have a problem in Texas because they think they own the Texas rocker on the back of our colors. We have been having a run in with some of the young Banditos that are trying to make a name for themselves. I believe the officers in the Banditos understand we will wear it and they don't have a problem with it. Oh by the way i am a 99%er

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bandits

I've met the TX Regional President and several other members and officers here in AR and TX. Any time a group gathers, even GoldWingers, there is gonna be good and bad.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Leave 'em alone and don't walk in to group of them. Just like any other group. They are prominent in Texas, and yes they are not to be taken lightly. Most of them are good enough folks one on one, just like everyone else.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bandits

No Storm, no ugly from me.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
They are 1 of the few real bad ass biker groups around. They have members in a lot of federal prisons around the country. They have a large group here in Central Florida Federal Prison....my neighbor works there and tells me some stories once in awhile......

With this group, you want to have a WIDE birth when riding by or even walking by.....

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
glad to see you were smart enough to put your witticisms here in print instead of verbalizing them to the members. Say what you want about 1%ers, some don't take kindly to "humor" at their expense.
that's a fact, I hope they don't read your post

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Registered
686 Posts
They are 1 of the few real bad ass biker groups around. They have members in a lot of federal prisons around the country. They have a large group here in Central Florida Federal Prison....my neighbor works there and tells me some stories once in awhile......

With this group, you want to have a WIDE birth when riding by or even walking by.....
True dat.

Unless they approach me to ask about the PGR, I steer way clear of them -- and anyone wearing a "I support Bandidos" supporting/subsidiary club patch. Nor do I tempt fate by making light in any forum.

Some have a very low threshold for humor coming from outsiders.... just as the case with the members of most 1% clubs. Disrespect -- by making light -- can be hazardous to your health.

And, they do hold grudges for a LONG time. An RC that I belong to needed a nearly 8-year cooling off period (i.e. no back patches, from the nationwide group, allowed) because someone had been stupid -- and let their mouth runneth over -- around a member of a local 1% club. The word was "you are jeapordizing your personal safety (ahem).. and those of other members of the riding club... if you leave the riding club's patch on your back while riding in WA or OR"

My 0.02

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Big in South Dakota also. Worked several homicides that they were involved in...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
that's a fact, I hope they don't read your post

Matt(BCNV) :cool:
Come on Matt....you should know.....most of them can't read, must be some affliction of dislexia. So...no need for FredGarvin to go into the Witness Protection Plan, nevertheless - stay clear.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts

Yup....the willingness to talk smack from the safety of your keyboard speaks volumns.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts