GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Check around

I know a lot of people like frog toggs and swear by them, but after my wife got all wet ( and thats a cold wet by the way! LOL ) in the wrong area, by sitting on a rain soaked seat. And her new white blouse was all of a sudden colored ? Don't ask her opinion ! I'm taking her down to our local sports shop that sells hunting supply's and all types of rain gear. Thats where I got mine, and I love em. Gander Mountain is the name.
Great store, quality stuff. I also use them as an outter garmet for cold
weather. They take up less space than chaps do. :wink:

T

·
0 Posts
Your wife must have had a open collar

Mike,
I have never had a problem with my Frogg Toggs. Your wife must have had an open collar. That will do it every time!

Operator error?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm with Mike (Trikeman) on that. My wife and I have gone through some very heavy rains and never had a problem with getting wet. And my wife uses them to stay warm when the temps get a bit brisk in the mornings. We have had a set for 2 years. Hers are still working like they should. Mine ripped a bit by the pants pocket access area, so I'm getting both of us a new pair prior to the summer. We're headed for Nova Scotia in July and I figure we might need them.
I wouldn't recommend anything else to keep off the rain or cold wind, though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My wife and I both bought Frogg Toggs last summer. Got into a real downpour in Minnesota. Both sets of pants leaked at the seams when setting on a rain soaked seat. I checked them out in a pan of water at home later, they both leaked. You can actually see light through the seam if you look closely. I haven't contacted Frogg Toggs about this but plan to soon. They may have had a bad run of pants at one time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Frog Toggs

We have had our's for years. In fact we went down in one set in 1999 & they were destroyed but the cloths underneath never showed so much as a scratch.
When we got the new ones they leaked at the crotch, It was a bad batch & they replaced them in short order after we contacted them. You will get water down your neck if the collar isnt tight.

Best of luck with it, Larry

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a bad seam and got soaked in the first heavy rain. But they replaced them immediately with no fuss.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the seat on the 1800 is like setting in a
bucket of water
i got a pair of nylon chest waders with
stocking feet (had to cut the feet out)
they keep me dry..pack small and were
inexpensive
got them online through a fishing outlet
i think....its been 2 or 3 years now

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Barney just one thought, my wife got the PULL OVER jacket, I tried to warn her she would not be happy with these but she thought they would give her more protection~~~~

turns out we were both right, the pull over works very well for protection, but they can be a MAJOR PITA to get on over leather jackets and heavy clothing :roll:

I would strongly recommend the zipper front jacket

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replys. I found them at a local motorcycle supply for $58 apiece. They had several colors to choose from. Ride Safe
Barney Biker

·
Registered
74 Posts
"You will get water down your neck if the collar isnt tight. "

AND, if you wife's helmet visor drips down your neck. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts