GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I must run from Omaha to Seattle next week. Hows the weather along the route? billings? north idaho? or should I go the southern road? I gotta get there quick, my baby sis is about to expire. Her time is up, leukemia is taking her 42 years so I gotta get out there and help her kids out etc. After I leave, I plan on heading to L.A. to see some relatives then blast back to Omaha. Food stops will be welcome :) along the way if anyone wants to meet up for a fast meal. Time is not on my side tho.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Howdy, I must run from Omaha to Seattle next week. Hows the weather along the route? billings? north idaho? or should I go the southern road? I gotta get there quick, my baby sis is about to expire. Her time is up, leukemia is taking her 42 years so I gotta get out there and help her kids out etc. After I leave, I plan on heading to L.A. to see some relatives then blast back to Omaha. Food stops will be welcome :) along the way if anyone wants to meet up for a fast meal. Time is not on my side tho.
My brother drives long haul. he just posted this on facebook, he's in Montana right now..and I'd imagine that's I-90

·
Registered
496 Posts
If your traveling the I-90 route be ready for snow and lots of it. You might want to think about the southern route into California and up I-5. Miles may be a little longer but the snow will be minimum. The only place you would most like hit any snow would be a little in northern California, up around the Weed and Yreka area and some over the Siskiyou Pass.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
i live north of seattle. take the south route

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Not living in MT for 13 years now I would say go south.

Best of wishes for you and your family.

·
Registered
557 Posts
+3 on the southern route. The main pass between Eastern Washington and Seattle required traction tires chains on vehicles over 10,000 lbs

I would take the cage if I had to be there or fly

·
Registered
323 Posts
This time of the year I would look at WY real close and make a run for it on I80 - I84 / Options: 1:I82 to I90 then Seattle ,,, 2: would be used if I90 has Snow, stay on I84 to I205 to I5 and north to Seattle

I am I Boise ID if you get this way and need some help PM me for a #

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that I 90 looks bad, guess I will look at teh southern route. It goes thru denver and right before salt lake goes north. Will this route be a good one? or should I run to LA and then go north? I was goingto do LA after Seattle as my Mom an other family membersare flying out thursday and friday morning. I dont wish to be tied to a plane tho so I can leave when I wish.

42 years she is. A shame. Such a loving person devoted her life to taking care of old folks. Gotta get out there fast, docs say a week or less now.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Coming through Salt Lake would be a good route. We have had a very mild winter mostly in the 40's and 50's.

Most of the storm are going to the north of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts