GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found any inexpensive front rotors? Mother Honda is up there!!! I bent one replacing a tire. I was able to straighten it but, not quite 100%. :eek:4:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Ummm... to you know what SOL means? But, you should search eBay, Google, ..... the net.

·
Registered
609 Posts
"Brakes, the MOST important system on any vehicle"
A warped rotor could cause major havoc in a panic stop, bite the bullet, get a new one.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
A warped rotor could cause major havoc in a panic stop, bite the bullet, get a new one.
:agree:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have EBC wave rotors on mine.
Not a bad price IIRC:yes:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree! I was just trying not to break a tooth! :shrug:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Brakes are one area I would not try to pinch pennies. Bite the bullet and get OEM rotors. Don't try and out smart mother Honda on this one.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Has anyone found any inexpensive front rotors? Mother Honda is up there!!! I bent one replacing a tire. I was able to straighten it but, not quite 100%. :eek:4:
Hal had the best price I could find when I needed a new rotor...beat the Honda Dealer price by many dollars.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This is why I remove the rotors when I change a front tire.

Lots of people get away with leaving them in place, but it only takes one slip or the wheel falling over while off the bike to damage the rotors.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I got a set of slightly used Honda VFR 800 front rotors off of E-bay for $75 to replace the rotors on the front of my GL1800. Honda used the same rotors on several different bikes. Shop around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts