GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 06 just started to squeal when I am almost stopped. It is coming from the front brake. Any cures for this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
XVTX said:
My new 06 just started to squeal when I am almost stopped. It is coming from the front brake. Any cures for this? Thanks.
Didn't Laurel and Hardy do a routine about this?

Stop Stopping!

... sorry that was just too easy.

hope it's not serious.

Dennis

·
Chard Member
12,965 Posts
Could be cosmoline where it's not suppose to be. If it bothers you remove the pads and spray the backing with Disc Brake Quiet.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Red's advice is excellent. You should also take care to avoid getting over spray of cleaner polish on your rotors. Unless you cover the rotors when you spay the products, it is near impossible to avoid, so my roiutine is to clean the rotors with a mild acidic detergent as a final step in such procedures. I have success with Windex With Vinegar. If it is glazing on the rotors that is exciting the vibrations, it is also affecting your braking power.

PigeonRoost Slim

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brakes

Pigeon. You may be on to something. Didn't have the problem until I sprayed the bike with the Honda cleaner. I was careful not to get any spray on the rotors but maybe I did. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts