GL1800Riders Forums banner

front brakes

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  ronbien 
#1 ·
to do a brake job on a gl1800 all you need to do is remove the 3 bolts on the back of the wheel cylinder. separate the front have with the back half and change the pads. i was looing for this before i took it all apart. good luck, its easy.... you will need to push the pistons in to put the new pads on....:thumbup:

#6 ·
If you can't push them back in fairly easy, there is something wrong.
Clean the pistons with an old tooth brush, unless your mad at the wife, then use her tooth brush. :eek:4:

#9 ·
Good question. Good advice. As another bit of advice, I suggest having someone with experience guide you through your first foray into brake repairs. This is serious business even though it isn't difficult if simple rules are followed.

#13 ·
Good question. Good advice. As another bit of advice, I suggest having someone with experience guide you through your first foray into brake repairs. This is serious business even though it isn't difficult if simple rules are followed.
As the old saying goes, if you're upset when the vehicle won't go, wait until it won't stop!

#15 ·
Just dont pry against the rotor...

#16 ·
If you can't push them back in fairly easy, there is something wrong.
Clean the pistons with an old tooth brush, unless your mad at the wife, then use her tooth brush. :eek:4:
I have actually done that, then put the toothbrush back all neat with its brush all flared out........

But she got revenge, she put some kind of a hot pepper in the fried taters. I mean it was hot too. Brought tears to my eyes. Lol!!

I mean ya have to mess around, nothing on T.V. so entertainment has merit.
Her little tupperware containers seem to go missing a lot too. :lol:

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.