GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the front and rear wheels last night to get new tires installed. (Thanks for the great deal Hal)
The left caliper upper mount bolt (joint bolt) uses some kind of star or torx bolt,( Different from all the rest of course :shock: )
Does anyone know what wrench/allen/star/torx tool to use. I bought metric allen t-handles, and now I guess I need more tools :!: :?
Mother Honda strikes again. :mad1: :banghead:

·
Registered
67 Posts
bolt

rchawk 49 its a torx #60.

·
Registered
22 Posts
last week i changed my front pads and all the tools that i needed were in that little tool kit that honds provides. be sure to check the clearence on the rotor if you had the tire off so the pads don't scrape. have fun.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just pulled my front tire last night as well, and mine is a Torx 40 ('03 ABS). You can get good Torx sets about anywhere. I didn't even look in the factory tools...I consider those for dire emergencies only!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
If Pads scrape

No sound at all???? Seems all pads make some noise when spinning the wheel.

If they do scrape, what adjustment do you do??

·
Registered
626 Posts
You only need to remove the right caliper to get the wheel off, and a 12mm wrench or socket will do the job. Left side has all those extra parts why mess with them when you don't need to. :shock:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mike - Supposedly if the clearance is too tight, you can loosen the pinch bolts and move the forks closer/further apart as needed. That is per the manual. This is the first time I've had mine off, so I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts