GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haveing almost completed my E.C. platinum kit install,it's time to fit the cowl for light alignment.Satan himself designed the overlapping tupperware in this area of the Wing.What part overlaps which at the top???
Do you really need three hands and five thumbs to get it on?
HELP!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Black plastic goes over cowl. I ran outside real quick and that is what it looks like to me. I agree, what a pain.

PaMike

·
Registered
626 Posts
The cowl goes at the back (it has the nut clip) next is the fairing tab (painted tab color of bike) next is the black cover. So as you look at it outside to inside it is, black cover, fairing tab, cowling.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Ricky,

Like Fox said. I had a heck of a time the first time too. It just didn't seem to make any sense that it should be that hard to put together. It wasn't, once I had all the pieces in the right order.

G'luck

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
you are probably finished now but,

put some masking tape over the engine cover to help avoid scratches with the on/off/on/off of the cowl.

I had little trouble with the cowl when I installed my driving lights..

with 30+ years as an automotive mechanic may have helped me though. ;)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Some time ago, someone on this BB posted a tip that I think is useful for this reassembly problem. File down the leading edges a little on the shoulder bolts before you try to put everything back together. They don't hang up as much when your trying to push them through the holes in the plastic. Works for me..

Greyhound

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just recently installed EC driving lights, and had no problem with the cowl removal and install ( about 10 times) heres why. I completly removed the black plastic cover, its very easy, then you can remove/install the cowl with out having to fight :cus: :weeping: :eek:ops2: with the black peice.
Hope this helps :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KC said:
I just recently installed EC driving lights, and had no problem with the cowl removal and install ( about 10 times) heres why. I completly removed the black plastic cover, its very easy, then you can remove/install the cowl with out having to fight :cus: :weeping: :eek:ops2: with the black peice.
Hope this helps :)
That's exacktly what i ended up doing,it was really simple after that!
Thank you everyone for your input.This board is really great :clap2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts