GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone know if you can get a Chrome front Cowl for the 2012 Gold Wings yet, or would one from maybe a 2010 fit on the 2012's? I want a Chrome one to replace the gray painted one! I had a Chrome one on my '08 and wan the same on my new 2012 that I'm picking up on the 15th. I think that quite a few things will still fit the 2012"s if we just tried?

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Dont know the honda rep said only body parts the samewere the trunk lid and the 2 peices of front fender. Sence the fairing is diff it may not work. Theres a lot of diff when you look at the 12 up close.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Give it a little time, I am sure the after market companys will be coming out with one soon.

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
705 Posts
Schrader's Honda has a Red 2012 with a 2010 Chrome front Cowl on it for sale.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I was looking at a '12 model recently and decided that the side covers, the ones just behind the lower fairing are really ugly in the flat black. Then I looked at my own bike and it looks like there's no difference between the two. I didn't pull the 2012's side cover off to see where the little "****" plug into their grommets, but if it's the same, it looks like it would be a direct replacement. Aside from that, I couldn't tell you about any of the other stuff.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!!! Never hurts to try to see if some of the earlier stuff will fit on the 2012!!! I will give it a try when I get mine on the 15th.!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just got a 2012 and the right side cover is differant than the 01-10's. I have not taken the left side cover off yet, so I can say if it will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts