GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post a long time ago about someone getting the front cowl painted to match the bike color and they had some clear plastic material,like a decal, that they put on the bottom of it to protect the paint. I have the bushtec front fender extension, but I would still like to have more protection. Anyone that could advise me where to purchase this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Check with an automotive paint supply store in your area, they should be able to help. Chances are the stuff you are refering too would be made by 3M.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
They also make a clear paint that stays 'soft' to help prevent chips. Some go under the color, and some you can paint over the color.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am in a hurry so I can't get into it greatly. I have made a vinyl protector for the front of my painted cowl. I have also made some shelter skins to protect the side of the "TanK". I am calling this stuff "Wing Skin" and When I get back I will get them put on the web site. My bike was extremely filthy from riding in the rain and when I washed it today, the dirt washed right off with a hose on that cowl.

I'll be back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts