GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bride and I went for a nice Saturday ride and had a wonderful day.
Well ? Getting close to home I encountered a car pulling a boat, and he was holding up traffic in the worst way. Well I turned a corner and this slow poke got the best of me, I dropped her down a gear and poured the coal to her........Whoa !.... :eek: Did you know you can raise the front end like that ?........LOL Wow ! The things that came out of my bride's mouth....whew! Suuuure did get kinda loud in my ears.........LOL
I guess I better not do that again....... :)

I just thought I would pass that along so my fellow riders would n't make a mistake like I did........ :wink:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Yep you can stand her all the way up to the tail pipes drag it's the coming down that is hairy. Front wheel better be perfectly straight when it hits the ground

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I thought I heard mine catch second yesterday......two up.....nah must've been gears grinding or sumum!

·
Registered
332 Posts
pbird49 said:
They'll do that.
Yes, they will.

Pat
I think we need pictures to verify the claim!!!

Now where did I put that camera.........

W

·
0 Posts
Mike L said:
I just thought I would pass that along so my fellow riders would n't make a mistake like I did........ :wink:
Mike, that wasn't a mistake, that was a Goldwing doing what it does best............haul @ss.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hennigm4 said:
http://www.sfurbanmoto.com/pullen2.wmv

Theres a longer one out in web world , its a big yellow wing....
......LOL I just showed my wife your clip ? I loved it ! That little clip got me swatted on the back......LOL I told her ? Hey Hon ! This is what we have to try next. Women..... :? No sense of humar at all....... :)
I did have the bike straight before I did this. It was an accident Hon ? Honest !..... :wink:

·
Registered
332 Posts
hennigm4 said:

That guy goes high enough that sparks are flying out the back. So what's sparkin'? Trailer hitch? It doesn't look like he gets pipes.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I lifted my front wheel up something over a foot without trying about a month ago. I was two up but my passenger barely broke over 110 while I'm about triple that so it wasn't like she made us tail heavy. :oops: We were riding with another couple and the other rider had zipped away rather quickly so I thought I'd do the same when I pulled next to him. I downshifted and twisted the throttle. :) Up came the front wheel. :shock: Three of the four of us thought I'd done it on purpose. :? :) :D

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
NRA Life Member said:
hennigm4 said:

That guy goes high enough that sparks are flying out the back. So what's sparkin'? Trailer hitch? It doesn't look like he gets pipes.
Looks and sounds like the right tailpipe, hmmmm....... no wonder the tail section of it is replaceable. :twisted: :shock: :wink: 8)

I am sure glad I would never check the balance of the bike by playing unicycle, nope not me, nobody saw me , I didn't do it ( and I have my wifes hand prints in my back to prove it. :shock:

Mike, I can just hear her now, just no sense of fun or humor....... oh, wait, Sherry must have a sense of humor, she married you!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I know Jen had to have a sense of humor to marry me!!!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts