GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that when I am decelerating from about 45 mph that if I take my hands off the bars the from wheel wabbles. I don't feel anything why holding the bars. It goes away after I hit around 30 mph. Seem to recall some comments on this topic a while back but can't find the posts. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
If you really want to stop the wobble and have $1500 to $2300 to spend, get the Traxxion suspension, a fork brace and All Balls bearings. Not only will it cure the wobble, but it will make the Wing respond the way it should in all riding situations. If you don't have the money to spend, you will be told to do one or the other or get new tires or this or that. Different things have either worked or failed for different people, but Traxxion solves the problem for everyone.

www.traxxion.com

G

·
ddking said:
If you really want to stop the wobble and have $1500 to $2300 to spend, get the Traxxion suspension, a fork brace and All Balls bearings. Not only will it cure the wobble, but it will make the Wing respond the way it should in all riding situations. If you don't have the money to spend, you will be told to do one or the other or get new tires or this or that. Different things have either worked or failed for different people, but Traxxion solves the problem for everyone.

www.traxxion.com
People shouldnt have to fork out more $$$$ to correct Honda's errors.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Dick Fowler said:
A much cheaper solution would be to keep your hands on the bars.
Yup. :yes1:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Mine only wobbles when I stand on the seat
I hate it when that happens
me and Indian larry should sue someone :lol:

G

·
Bluebaird said:
Mine only wobbles when I stand on the seat
I hate it when that happens
me and Indian larry should sue someone :lol:
Didnt you know that Indian Larry died from doing that stunt?

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
donben said:
I recently noticed that when I am decelerating from about 45 mph that if I take my hands off the bars the from wheel wabbles. I don't feel anything why holding the bars. It goes away after I hit around 30 mph. Seem to recall some comments on this topic a while back but can't find the posts. Any help would be appreciated.
Is a wabble worse than a wobble?? :wink: :wink:

Welcome to the forum..Lots of good people and good information. :D :D

later..Randy

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
If you have to remove your hands from the bars and look for a wobble.....

You don't have a wobbler!
:duck:

FYI....
A wobbler will beat your shoulders up with hands on the bars going up in speed and coming down. Will also beat your arms up at steady speeds below 50mph. BTDT...twice :twisted:

A wobbler is born a wobbler. It comes out of the crate as one. :evil:

·
Registered
124 Posts
All I can say is that I had the decel wobble from day one and lived with it by keeping my hands on the bars most of the time. It got worse as mileage built up. At 13,000 miles I replaced the Dunlop 250s with Bridgestone 709 and 704 70 series for the rear. I just got back from Harrison and have around 1,500 miles on the new tires and not one single wobble.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I think there should be a separate wobble board. Everyone can post anything and everything to do with a wobble in that section.

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wobbles

I too have experienced the dreaded wobbles. My bike has 43,000 miles and 10,000+ on the tires. Every year for the past 3 years when my tires became moderately worn, I have dealt with the wobbles.

This past weeked, I removed my ERGO grips to install Hondaline Heated grips and reinstalled the handlebar dampers that came from the factory.

An observation: My low speed wobble have diminished significantly to almost nonexistant.

Since most of us who have installed ERGO grips when the bike was relatively new, and the majority have not reinstalled the dampers.

I just wonder if there is a correlation between those experiencing an annoying wobble and those who have not found it to be a problem?

I don't recall this being discussed from this perspective in the past.

-Jim-

·
Registered
23 Posts
Weebels wobble but they don't fall down.
Don't know bout the goldwing mine don't wobble. sorry about this useless post.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I fixed mine with the ALL BALLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts