GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Wing and have had front-- end wobble-- all the time----2nd set of tires--Dunlops----03's-----12,250 miles total on bike.

Have had front end wobble from 45mph down on decel. As the tires get older the wobble gets worse.

Keep 41lbs. in front and rear----check tires often. Heard that there is a Class--Action Law--Suit with Honda on this wobble problem----anyone know if this is true?
Thanks for any info. you can give.

Dick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Waste of money trying to fight something that is natural in a performance bike.
I too have the wobble..only if I take my hands off the handle bars....but what fool would continually do this?
I did it to see if I had it..... I did. Big deal. The bike handles like a sport bike. Nuff said.
I'm sure there are others that can explian the reasons why it happens. Not only on this bike but many other performance bikes.
Now if you ride a chopper type bike. It won't happen. Then again try doing the twisties with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,224 Posts
I make no representations concerning the validity of this suit.

A law firm from Chicago filed a proposed class action suit in Federal District Court in Los Angles last July. I have heard no more about whether the class action status was granted by the court. The court probably has not ruled yet on class action certification. Here is the website with the original press release and a link to the complaint.

http://www.hbsslaw.com/honda_lawsuit.htm

I have a wobble around 40 mph but like Don, ride with my hands on the bars so it is no real issue. Others have had much more significat wobbles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Don Stefanik said:
Waste of money trying to fight something that is natural in a performance bike.
Not a waste for the law firms.. The're sure to get paid, we're sure to get next to nothing and then get screwed later...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,854 Posts
It will be impossible for them to prove the GW is a fault. Too many varibles..tire related, out of balance, seated improperly, defective tire etc.

Waste of time and money..In my opinion. :D :D

I have 20,000 smiles on my '05 and haven't had any of the problems that some people have had. :lol:

later..Randy :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,854 Posts
Re: Front end wobble on 02 wing-class action law suit with H

Richard Hammesfahr said:
I have a 02 Wing and have had front-- end wobble-- all the time----2nd set of tires--Dunlops----03's-----12,250 miles total on bike.

Have had front end wobble from 45mph down on decel. As the tires get older the wobble gets worse.

Keep 41lbs. in front and rear----check tires often. Heard that there is a Class--Action Law--Suit with Honda on this wobble problem----anyone know if this is true?
Thanks for any info. you can give.

Dick.
You have answered your own question, Dick....You have a tire problem, :hun1: NOT a GoldWing problem. :wink:


later..Randy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Have you got Stones or Flops on your 02? I've been sooooooo fortunate with my 02 not having any wobble problems. Came off the show room floor with Stones and I'm on my 2nd set with 32,000 on the clock. I'm a bit anal about tire pressure though, run 43-44 both front and rear. Have you retorqued the steering head bearings??
 

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
Joined
·
7,990 Posts
Re: Front end wobble on 02 wing-class action law suit with H

Richard Hammesfahr said:
I have a 02 Wing and have had front-- end wobble-- all the time----2nd set of tires--Dunlops----03's-----12,250 miles total on bike.

Have had front end wobble from 45mph down on decel. As the tires get older the wobble gets worse.

Keep 41lbs. in front and rear----check tires often. Heard that there is a Class--Action Law--Suit with Honda on this wobble problem----anyone know if this is true?
Thanks for any info. you can give.

Dick.
Dick
The cheapest solution to your decel wobble problem is to install a set of All Balls steering bearings, a set of Traxxion fork springs, and change the fork oil. The wobble will be gone and your bike will ride and handle better than it did when it was new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
It will be impossible for them to prove the GW is a fault. Too many varibles..tire related, out of balance, seated improperly, defective tire etc.

Waste of time and money..In my opinion. :D :D

I have 20,000 smiles on my '05 and haven't had any of the problems that some people have had. :lol:

later..Randy :yes:
I agree with Randy.

But let's get the Lawyer's involved in this and we may loose the best touring bike on the road.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top