GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02A. I am trying to take off the front fairing. I have the service manual. It appears as though I have all bolts off yet I cannot pull the fairing away from the front of the bike. What is the trick if any??? tia.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Robert, Check your same post on the GWRRA board. :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bob,

Not being there is going to be tough to answer this. You have a couple of Body pins on top that are connected to the air ducts. Also behind the front wheel, up on the fairing, you have a couple more snap pins.

Have you removed these?

Dawg

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bulldog..interesting stuff. I havent seen any pins in the air duct. I will look for some... I did remove the push pins and bolts that were visible under the garnish. I looked under the fairing behind the wheel but I didnt see anything..I will also dbl check that. thx. And Fox, I did check the other board..those guys thot I meant the garnish..lol...I said fairing..oh well. lol.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fairing is loose!!!! Thank you Bulldog!! Bullwoofie..you were correct...there is one push pin on each side of the bike hidden adjaccent to the air duct. The pins are NOT in the air duct but located on a "tab" if you will very close to the inboard side of where the air duct trim on the dash fits. Left tab is a piece of cake. Right side tab is sorta ok to get out...however...putiting it back in will be another story. Anyone wants to know how strong these push pins are...well...they were holding as tight as nuts and bolts. I have had enough exasperation for one day...will hopefully finish tomorrow. These pins are well hidden from casual view. If anyone wants to log this info for future use...be info well stored...trust me. put a note in your service manual..they are easily skipped. Ask how I know..lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts