GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone have any problem with the fit.I can remember one person wanted to use glue or tape,in lieu of the screws,I used the screws,yea big hole,it is a fraction off but it hits the cowl.I tried different settings on the shock,but no help.It is not a good fit.I seen another two wings parked with same extension,and theirs were worse than mine.They had cracks around the screws,so theirs is hittin too. Anybody had success with theis.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Check the installation directions

I have the BBP standard extender mounted and had no problem with the installation or the result.

The extender does get to 1/4" or so close to the cowl, but that is no problem, and no wobble.

The original post seems to imply that there is a choice between using the double sided sticky foam and the two screws. This is not the case. You need to use both the screws and the sticky foam.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
All I can add to this, is that the Bushtech FFE fits great, looks great and you can get it in Chrome, black or the actual color of the bike.

I have no experience with any other FFE on the GL 1800.

Bulldog

·
Registered
38 Posts
fender extension

Hey Red, I like that front mud flap attached to your fender extension. Did you find that after market or make it yourself?
Chris

·
Registered
469 Posts
Bushtec

Wher can i git ah Bushtec FFE & how much are they. Did i hear somethin about 'em bein too long & hittin th road, or causin front fender cracks? i like th looks of th black one. Thanks for th info. :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts