GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm investigating an extension for the front fender. Does anybody have a picture of a Bushtec flap installed? I've read quite a few comments that the Honda version is way too short. (not much benefit other than appearance) :( and I've read the Show Chrome Accesories version is about 1" longer but opinions are still varied. (most feel it is pretty good) Any thoughts on the Bushtec or others? :?:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think there is a picture of the Bushtec on their web site. I have had the Honda Extension. It does little good of keeping the crap off the lower cowl.

I added the Fenner Flap. It kept the crap off the cowl but you have to be careful about not getting it too long or it will rub in turns, even though it appears that you have plenty of clearance in the garage.

I now have the Bushtec. It is functional and looks good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think there is a picture of the Bushtec on their web site. I have had the Honda Extension. It does little good of keeping the crap off the lower cowl.

I added the Fenner Flap. It kept the crap off the cowl but you have to be careful about not getting it too long or it will rub in turns, even though it appears that you have plenty of clearance in the garage.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I like my Kuryakyn the only thing of theirs I do like.
the chrome on all the other Kuryakyn I have sucks after 6 months.
The fender extension has stood up well and looks good.

G

·
0 Posts
I made a "Fenner flap" (designed by Brian Fenner) that has over 25K on it. Works great!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
As mentioned previously, there are pics of the Bushtec on their website, and on other sites which sell the extension. The Bushtec is MUCH longer (about 7 inches) than any other extension I'm aware of. It works really well for me.
Now if I can just find some way to plug those diamond shaped holes on the front portion of the fender I'll be happy. I get so much junk blowing out of those (and all over the front of the bike) when I ride in wet weather.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For comparison purposes here is a picture of my Black Bushtec FFE. I have been very happy with the way it has protected the front cowl. I have had no cracking of the fender and although I have the fender reenforcement kit, I've been too lazy to install it as yet. I'll probably do it next week before the snow and ice that fell this week all melts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the pictures and help. I must have been asleep last night when I was checking the Bushtec site. :D (That was after a night long attempt again to adjust the left saddbag closure so that I can open the compartment and still get the switch to trip the computer so that it fully closes.) :evil: I didn't scroll far enough down the page to see the picture of the extension. Can anyone tell me what the fender support kit is for Bushtec's fender extension? Does it mount to the underside of the extension and link to the axel area, or is it totally hidden under the extension? :?:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
WarBirdBob said:
I like my Kuryakyn the only thing of theirs I do like.
the chrome on all the other Kuryakyn I have sucks after 6 months.
The fender extension has stood up well and looks good.
I also like the Kuryakyn. It is a very stylish accessory. I like how the bolt heads are disguised. I think the exposed bolt heads on all the other extensions make it look cheap and tacky. Plus, I think the Bushtec is just too long.

If I wanted exposed bolt heads, I would have bought a Kawasaki Concours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey I think I saw the plugs for the diamond shaped holes in wing world in the last issue. They just stick on from inside, I believe.
:D My first post. :wink:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's an Orange one

Just in case you still haven't seen enough, here is a color matched Bushtec front fender extension. IMHO one of the best accessories I have ever purchased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts