GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new front tire, and thought I would come up with a way to hold those little plastic washers centered, by dabbing a little silicone grease on it to hold it in place on that little collar while I installed the screw.
After I took the screws and washers off, I could see that the fender installer in Japan must have put my on, on a Friday afternoon!
Both plastic washers were put on crooked and I couldn't get them to be centered if I tried. Also, the right side of the fender had excessive plastic on the hole, where the washer was smashed up against that and kinked it pretty good.
I just put it back together the best I could and said the heck with it.
Thanks to Fred for his tip on holding the top nut to get the screw in. That saved me a lot of time. :)

It is frustrating to try and do the work right, when the materials you have to work with are sub-par!

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I installed a new front tire, and thought I would come up with a way to hold those little plastic washers centered, by dabbing a little silicone grease on it to hold it in place on that little collar while I installed the screw.
After I took the screws and washers off, I could see that the fender installer in Japan must have put my on, on a Friday afternoon!
Both plastic washers were put on crooked and I couldn't get them to be centered if I tried. Also, the right side of the fender had excessive plastic on the hole, where the washer was smashed up against that and kinked it pretty good.
I just put it back together the best I could and said the heck with it.
Thanks to Fred for his tip on holding the top nut to get the screw in. That saved me a lot of time. :)

It is frustrating to try and do the work right, when the materials you have to work with are sub-par!

Mine were that way too from the factory. I would bet all of them are this way. Honda dropped the ball on this one.
Got some new ones from Lowes and cleaned up the holes in the fender. :smile2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts