GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering front fork brace, anyone else have one & if so, does it really make any difference?

Ron
Cowhide Covers
www.cowhidecovers.com
gl1800 forum sponsor

Attachments

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
YES!!
The front fork brace makes a difference. Especially at lower speeds and and entering and leaving driveways and other similar riding maneuvers.
Try it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I have the Traxxion! What a difference it made, WOW! They also have the fork covers which I also have. Very Good $$ Spent........

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I bought one and after riding my bike and talking to other GL owners, no one really felt that it made any difference. The whole wobble thing is tire related. I ended up selling it on ebay without installing it. My biggest concern is the machine tolerances and what it does to the front forks. If you are just a little out of alignment, I believe that you are going to wear out your front fork bushings. Bottom line, I haven't missed it.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My biggest concern is the machine tolerances and what it does to the front forks. If you are just a little out of alignment, I believe that you are going to wear out your front fork bushings. Bottom line, I haven't missed it.
Not if you get an adjustable brace like the Traxxion or Kury models...........stay away from Superbrace IMHO.
Of course you can't miss it.......you never put it on. ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not if you get an adjustable brace like the Traxxion or Kury models...........stay away from Superbrace IMHO.
How can you miss it if you never put it on?
:agree: The Superbrace is a two piece unit that is split lengthwise in half. The Traxxion and Kury are split on the ends to allow for differences in tolerance from fork to fork. And yes, they do make a difference. Most notably, to me anyway, in slow speed handling.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes to fork brace

I bought a Kury fork brace with dustshields. The brace made a difference but dust covers would hit lower triple clamp and fall off (two sided tape). I sent it back to chrome world and waited for Kury to redesign. While I was waiting I saw the Traxxion brace with bolt on dust shields. Quite pricy but it makes quite a difference,

·
Registered
280 Posts
Of course you can't miss it.......you never put it on. ;)
:agree: I put the Kury on and ride 2-up alot, when entering parking lots the bike would shimmy, like it had a hinge in the middle. After installing the Kury, it feels solid.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I have the SuperBrace and I noticed the difference immediately - especially slow speed maneuvers! Get the best and don't settle for less . . . IMHO :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I had a superbrace on my '02 wing. Yes there was a difference at low speeds. Was it worth the +/- $200? No, not to me. I didn't get one for my '06 wing.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I guess since I didn't miss it, I don't need it! I'm not sure what low speed parking lot manouvers people are talking about. I was able to do lock holding circles and weave between 10ft cones and didn't notice anything unusual. I never had one on my 1500 either and didn't miss it. Just don't get one to stop the dreaded wobbles. It dosen't work for that as far as I've read. Those symptoms are tire related.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts