GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help i have a problem with my frt end on the wing the frt tire or not i dont know the extention is rubbing on the shroud and i have not hit any thing and when i hit a bump or hole the forks hit hard can someone help me figure out the problem all responses needed and appreciated

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt i really need some advise on this the fender is hitting the shroud

·
Registered
537 Posts
u will need to wait till the sun comes up for more people to see this
and get you an answer :cool:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btt

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
From the description, I would say it sounds like you have No oil in your forks and that lets them collapse all the way. I didnt' know they could go that far.
Are the tops of the fork tubes flush with the top clamp?
May be time to rebuild the forks and replace the Springs with something like progressive or what ever you can afford.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hello what are you calling the "shroud" is this the silver cover that is behind the fendet & mounted on the motor????? IF so I would make sure it is mounted properly!!...IF not this piece then can you take a picture & post here!!!! also is the fender hitting or a "fender extension"..???...chuck

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Anti dive locked? Harsh ride and slamming on the bumps could be a locked up AD unit.

If things are actually making contact down there you have a major problem and shouldn't ride until a service operation gets a look at it.

Dave
GWBBA #9

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
This post needs to be moved to technical. After a reasonable visual inspection for obvious damage or mis-assembly; the anti dive valve is easiest bug-a-boo to eliminate. The valve is on eht left fork and has two slotted screws that hold its two independently sealed components together. Simply remove those two screws and use a zip tie or such to support the upper section while test riding. If the test ride shows remarkable improvement, you have found your huckelberry -- a very common flaw with this model. You can rebuild the AD valve with new "O" rings or replace the fork springs with havier ones and simply eliminate the AD valve by placing an appropirate sized spacer between the two components and using longer screws. If that is not the flaw, then report back for further help.

prs

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I PUT THE BIKE ON THE CENTER STAND AND THE distance is not on the shroud anymore in other word its not rubbing. i put the m/c jack under it
and now i can put my finger between it . so any sugestion on my problem. there is no oil on the forks to show any leaking. do u guys feel i need new forks / springs i never changed the oil in the shocks. putting that out there someone said the antivalve may be bad all comments r appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had the same problem bottoming out at times,
What I did was put a set of
Traxxion Dynamics Fork Spring Kit, GL1800 (GL-18-FSK) on the tubes,
That took care of the problem and the cost at that time was $119.95 and I disconnect the anidive unit by putting a washer or two to do the job
Also I replaced the rear spring) with a heavy spring(1500#)
You can do this yourself if you are handy with tools!
The ride is mush smoother with stones!!!
edmund

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you all as usual you guys with all of your vast and extensive experience has come thru for me again. you gave me the right direction to go with the need info. just dropped my bike off and the dealer said he never saw any thing like it i just said fix it. i inquired as if the front was covered by the warrenty he said he did not know so i went on line before i went there and it says that the shocks,forks,suspention, and something else was covered so oh the anti dive valve so if this is on of the problems then so be it. only i really need to thank all of you. for your time and input and even the sarcastic jokes keep them coming we all need to laugh sometime just to take off the pressures of life again thaks to all.
roaddogg
powder springs ga.see you on the road

·
Registered
645 Posts
Post back with the findings :smile:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:thumbup:eek:k no problem hopefully this week

S

·
0 Posts
OK now that it's turned into the let's advertise for traxxion - It sounds like your not having problems with the tire rubbing the inner fender area? This would have nothing to do with anti dive or the need to blow 2 grand on springs. I am guessing you may have a problem with fender mounting bolts be missing or something if that nature perhaps?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
OK now that it's turned into the let's advertise for traxxion - It sounds like your not having problems with the tire rubbing the inner fender area? This would have nothing to do with anti dive or the need to blow 2 grand on springs. I am guessing you may have a problem with fender mounting bolts be missing or something if that nature perhaps?
+1
I would like to see some pictures. Where its rubbing.
and one close up of the Fender mounting bolts with the Chrome Rotor cover off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts