GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to rebuild front forks this winter,, so decided to order the parts........ WHAT A SHOCK?????? The prices for parts was for the guides 3.00............. sliders was 3.00 and seals were 13.00 for a total times 2---- $ 32.00

I just check and prices are now,,,, guides are 7.00..........sliders 7.00 and seals are 25.00........ Times 2 = $ 78.00 for parts......... Am I missing something here about the price increases.......... I have 02 wing....... I know I looked up proper parts??????????:22yikes:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I am going to rebuild front forks this winter,, so decided to order the parts........ WHAT A SHOCK?????? The prices for parts was for the guides 3.00............. sliders was 3.00 and seals were 13.00 for a total times 2---- $ 32.00

I just check and prices are now,,,, guides are 7.00..........sliders 7.00 and seals are 25.00........ Times 2 = $ 78.00 for parts......... Am I missing something here about the price increases.......... I have 02 wing....... I know I looked up proper parts??????????:22yikes:
I think it's called economic recovery.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You're not the only one with sticker shock. I had a crack in my dash and have been looking at the part I needed since last winter. Was in no hurry to order it since I thought I would wait until spring. Around the end of May, I checked on a Monday, it was $178. Decided to order the part on Thursday, now $238. Called the distributor and was told that they were raising prices on all Honda parts. According to Japanese financial forecasts, due to the tsunami and the problems with nuclear powerplants most exports will increase in the near future. My only guess is Honda is using this for the increases in export costs.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
For years I put off getting a replacement fairing trim pieces, when I did it the price more then doubled also; and this was two years ago. Now go price a shelter bolt ! :eek:4:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can't believe we are paying BMW prices on a Honda! I just paid $160 for and 6x10" plastic plate which houses my Navi/rear preload switches on an airbag model. I suppose that's what I get for trying to drill into the plastic with a 1/2" bit without stepping up from a smaller hole first (Doran warning light install). When the bit grabbed a hold of that plastic my clean 1/2" hole became a 3/4" ragged spiral. Oh well, I haven't done much to contribute in any way to the tsunami/earthquake victims. I wish them the best and it is in my wishes that it helps in some way.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Aaaaaaaah yes, the price of doing business!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts