GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about putting a front nose bra on my 2005 GL1800. One store ad reads, "not recemended for bikes with faring air deflectors". Does anyone know why this is? Has anyone found a way around this if it is a snag?

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
239 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the way the defelectors are mounted might get in the way of the rear mount of the bra. I have one on my bike with Baker wings and it works just fine.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Bra's are a "neat" look however, for a farkle that is supposed to "protect" your front end if you do NOT remove it after "dirty" and dusty rides small "matter" like dust, sand and small rocks will start to ruin the very part you are trying to protect.....

Just sayin'

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I put mine on because I had a big scratch and broke a piece off right by the mirror. it was a lot cheaper to buy the bra then the new plastic. Call me cheap. LOL

·
Registered
903 Posts
Works fine w/Bakers - only issue is the mounting tab(on bra) fits under the faring trim strip which the wind wings mount through. So if installed that way - it's a PITA to remove the bra for cleaning underneath. I have the tab pushed under the wing mount(between mount & trim strip) which works fine and makes the removal EZ.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cleaning

under the bra is important. If not done regularly, you will find scratches.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Does the same nose bra fit all model Wings? I have one for sale that I know will fit the '01 to '05 Wings, but I don't know if there are any changes in the front of the '06 Wings and up that would affect fitment.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Bra's are a "neat" look however, for a farkle that is supposed to "protect" your front end if you do NOT remove it after "dirty" and dusty rides small "matter" like dust, sand and small rocks will start to ruin the very part you are trying to protect.....

Just sayin'

so true...you have to keep taking it off and clean under them and clean the Bra itself....I only use mind when the loveBug are out in full..that over after two weeks.......

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Got one on my '04, will remove it for late fall riding and into winter. Snowflakes don't chip paint! :coffee1:

I had the same thing with the Baker wings and that tab. Yep, put the tab under the Baker brace and you are fine. No other fit problems except the lower middle/front portion covers up my deer whistle. Need to relocate that.

(they may not work, but I consider them like chicken soup, they couldn't hurt as long as you don't rely on them!). :thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use the bra to cover up the scratches the bra made:wrong:

·
Vendor
17,372 Posts

Just sayin'

:agree: ... I put mine on during bug season. My bike gets washed regularly and I especially wax that area for additional protection. I like my bra's pulled tight, full, and looking good:thumbup:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I prefer braless.
Mick :shock:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Does the same nose bra fit all model Wings? I have one for sale that I know will fit the '01 to '05 Wings, but I don't know if there are any changes in the front of the '06 Wings and up that would affect fitment.

Anyone know for sure?
Don't see why not - no changes to the faring or mounting points MY2001-2010

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Put a bra on earlier this year. It was a monkey see monkey do buy. " Looks " nice on the white wing as it color balances out the black seat area. But alas! Another item to remove and clean. I'm in the market for a chrome nose piece now.

S

·
0 Posts
Just a warning - in time the paint under the bra will dull and could discolor. I have run short bras on a few custom cars and found the moister trapped under them will ruin the paint in time.

In the long term the bike will hold up better without one.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I ordered my back in '03, and had it on ever since.

The gold emblem "Goldwing" on the front is a little faded from cleaning.

I remove it in the fall when winterizing, brush the small bugs off the felt backing, wax the fairing underneath, reinstall, and your good to go.

I always like the color contrast it gives the front also.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
I prefer braless.
Mick :shock:
Not wearing one will make your front end "droopy" over time....

LOL

Matt(BCNV):bow:

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Not wearing one will make your front end "droopy" over time....

LOL

Matt(BCNV):bow:
Depends on the age. Just might go the other direction.

Oops! did I write diRECTION??????

·
Registered
887 Posts
Just a warning - in time the paint under the bra will dull and could discolor. I have run short bras on a few custom cars and found the moister trapped under them will ruin the paint in time.

In the long term the bike will hold up better without one.
And the same goes for trailers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts