GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a nose mask from cycle max. I am trying to figure out how to fit the part that goes under the trim.It goes right where one of the clips goes to hold on the trim. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Since yours is a different brand this may not be helpful. Mine is from Honda. It doesn't mount anywhere under the trim. Velcro around the mirrors and hooks in the louver. Are you sure you are installing it properly?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the instruction sheet they show taking off the trim. And it all lines up just right except the little tab thing just fits over the hole.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
On the instruction sheet they show taking off the trim. And it all lines up just right except the little tab thing just fits over the hole.
The Hondaline does fit under the trim strips. Maybe stretch it when warm to miss the tabs. I haven't had that problem with the ones I have installed.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
The Hondaline does fit under the trim strips. Maybe stretch it when warm to miss the tabs. I haven't had that problem with the ones I have installed.
I agree with Red. Lay it out in the sun for about an hour to warm up the vinyl and then stretch it far enough to miss that tab. It may take some pulling, but it should work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I put one on my 08 broke two tabs (one on each outside trim) but you can't tell and it did not seam to hurt anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. This bugged the heck out of me at work all day.The bike was is the hot garage all day,so when I got home I figured I would try to pull on it to get it to stretch a little.Amazing what a little heat will do.It popped right into the place it needed to be in when I pulled on it a little. We are all good now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had the same problem. Where I broke the tab off from I put velcro and it works perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts