GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Honda Goldwing DCT a couple months ago. I love the Bike but after about a half hour of Riding the Front of my Shoulders are killing me!!
Anybody have any Ideas?
Thanks!:eek:4:

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Lighter helmet or a set of handlebar risers. Those are generally the fixes. Risers will reposition the handlebars, setting you back and eliminating reaching for the bars.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I bought my Honda Goldwing DCT a couple months ago. I love the Bike but after about a half hour of Riding the Front of my Shoulders are killing me!!
Thanks!:eek:4:
This is exactly the problem the the Gold Wing DCT solves for me.

All this geometry stuff is so personal.

FWIW, I agree that some strategy to get closer to the grips is probably needed. The geometry works well for me because I can keep my very arthritic left shoulder nearly “closed.” A taller guy, or a guy with longer or shorter arms would not get the same good result that I get.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I thought of something else that might be in play. If you bought new pants that involve suspenders, suspenders could be the culprit.

If you’re wearing them, loosen them up or remove them from your shoulders when you are seated on the bike.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I use Lidocaine Patches 5%. They are a adhesive patch and work great for me. I had major bi-lateral shoulder surgery back in 2000 and if I'm out for more than most times an hour I have to have them on. The right shoulder more than the left. Try the ones at Target, or wal-mart and see if they work for you. There are times I have to use at night just to sleep.

Reactions: MountainRider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might have to go that way, I 've heard good things about those Risers. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts