GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long slumber, took my '01 for a 214 mile jaunt yesterday. I've got the EdSets setup in my full face helmet, and when I tried to connect the phone music to the forward port, I got nothing from the connection but dead air. The phone was shuffling music AOK via the AUX function, as when I flipped from headphones to the blown '01 speakers I could hear the tunes.

Later at my gas stop, I decided to try and connect to the rear jack to my helmet, and JOY, the system works fine! Since the wife wasn't on the ride, it was no problem.

My question is, would this be a wiring issue with the forward wiring or is this likely a failed port leaving my audio system? Obviously the AUX function works fine...... but I'm not that familiar with the built in music/comm. system. Does the output leave via a single port and then split into the pair of connections, or is there a discrete port for each front/rear?

Thanks folks, appreciated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Check where the front wiring connects under the pocket. I had mine come loose one time working on the bike and it eventually wiggled loose and stopped working. Could also have a wire broken inside, connect it and wiggle and flex the length of the cable.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
You can pull the seat and the left pocket and switch the leads from front to back. If the problem follows the lead, you have a bad lead. If it stays the same place, you have another issue...

:thumbup:

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can pull the seat and the left pocket and switch the leads from front to back. If the problem follows the lead, you have a bad lead. If it stays the same place, you have another issue...

:thumbup:
Good tip! I didn't realize the junction box was beneath the seat...... I'll give her a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts