GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took off my front rim and tire to take to shop for a new shoe. Do I need to take rotors off or anything else off before I take it?

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
No, but....

The tire shop should have automated equipemnt with tool ends that do not even make any real contact with the rim or rotors. However, transport or the rim to and from the shop and handling by the shop always poses some risk. Ya rolls th' dice an' takes yer chances.

prs

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
NO.Most shops now a days have a No-Touch tire machine due to Aluminum/Chrome wheels on various bikes.

I'll at the what prs said.
When I lay the wheel flat.I use a couple 2x4's under the tire to keep the brake rotor up off the floor of my Yukon when I take my front wheel to a friends for a tire change.This avoids any issue with a brake rotor.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Make sure they know there is a tire pressure sensor in there .... even letting them know I've had them bust 2 of them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the shop and he told me the same thing. I also mentioned about the TPMS sensor and he said if he wasn't comfortable with it he would take to Honda. I was surprised how easy it came off the bike now putting it back on tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts