GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front suspension on my 02 Wing sucks. I am looking either to Triaxxon cartridge suspension kit or the Race Tech emulating valve system. I would like to get some feedback from some of you that had either one of these done? I want to fix it only once and have no regrets. I certainly do not want to rely on the OE anti-dive unit. My bike dives when stopping and sluggish on curves causing heavy steering. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
824 Posts
There will be 20 different replies to this one. I'll go first.............traxion. I have it.I love it.....its the most expensive, period. Turns your bike into a rail ride. No more wallowing . Haven't ridden anything else, and I now would not choose anything else.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
There will be 20 different replies to this one. I'll go first.............traxion. I have it.I love it.....its the most expensive, period. Turns your bike into a rail ride. No more wallowing . Haven't ridden anything else, and I now would not choose anything else.
:agree: Have had it now for 2 years and 35k. When I first rode it I had to take some on and off ramps on the turnpike. All I can say is WOW. Prior to this I had to correct my direction once in the sweeper. Not any more. My '06 rode like crap at 54k so I took the leap for the Trax Full Monty and just went to Mega Monty 2 weeks ago. Mega includes their triple tree. I wanted everything and I wanted the best so I would never wonder if I made a mistake. Yes pricey, but I am not wondering if I went for the less expensive alternatives if I did the right thing. Whatever you choose, it will be better then OEM.

·
IronMan
17,459 Posts
have racetech springs with gold valve. when first did would oversteer going into corner.:shock: had 68,000 when did. make sure you do bushings /etc when you do. need to do the rear shock/spring. now . can notice how bad it is !! real happy with racetech and $$ spent . live in fl. so not lots twisties but go to mtns 4/5 times a yr to get my fill . :bow::bow:trax is best (they all say ) but for my riding style and 05 bike couldnt see spending that much. good luck whichever way you go !!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have the Traxxion cartridge and springs on my trike's front end and love it. The my trike only had 9300 miles on it when I had the Traxxion equipment installed so the OEM stuff was not worn out yet. However, I difference I felt driving away from Traxxion's shop was like night and day. If I had two wheeler I would do the everything with Traxxion.

·
Registered
139 Posts

I just had the racetech springs and gold valve kit, spring and all balls, AD disabled just this week. I could tell a difference from the time it started rolling.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Progressive monotubes with traxxion lower tree (which comes with All Balls). Antidive still active. Wonerful wonerful wonerful. RT 551 used to ride 60-75 using the entire right lane for curves. Ride it now that same speed using only the motorcyle (left third of the right) lane.

·
Registered
61 Posts
+1 on the Progressive Monotubes. Not as pricey as the other options, but very good.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
No sense doing the springs without upgrading the triple tree.

I did Rocky Tree, RaceTech springs for my weight and AllBalls. Huge improvement. I noticed a huge improvement on the very first turn coming out of the garage. At speed, the bike feels both more settled and more responsive. The vague, sagging, squishy lost feeling is all gone.

Next upgrades will be a a RaceTech rear shock built for my weight, Gold Valves and HeliBars.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I have an 03 wing with full race tech front end job. I have an 04 wing with different aftermarket springs--- as far as I know that is all that was done to the front end( this was done prior to me owning the bike). BOTH bikes handle FAR BETTER than stock. I've never ridden a traxxion equipped bike for comparison. But basically anything you do to the front is nice improvement over stock. Progressive mono tubes may be best bang for your buck; full traxxion prob the absolute best, but most costly.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I had the gold valve and it was a great improvement. After a year or so I upgraded to a new tree and mono tubes and it was so much better. I have never had traxxion but have been on several bikes that did. I did not see enough difference to justify the cost over the mono tubes and tree. Jmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
693 Posts
2013 ABS at 1300 miles.

Buckskin tree ($334)
All balls bearings (included above)
Racetech gold valve & 1.2kg springs ($350)
Traxxion rear shock with steel line, sock, and bleed
New seals (bushings good with such low miles)

Parts approx. $1350, labor free.

The Traxxion full monty is the gold standard and worth every penny.

But, you can get a lot of performance for less money if you are handy with tools and willing to put some sweat equity in.

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts