·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....just curious, for those that have or are about to replace
the front springs, who has simply decided to replace them with
the 'wings stock springs for another couple of years and how did
you feel about the ride after?

....for those that feel the complelling need to express how dumb or pointless this is,
please try to control yourself as I've read, as we
all have, about other springs, valves, chin-up bars etc available with
other companies, the unimaginable, you can't believe it until you've
felt it ride, wish I had of done it sooner, why doesn't mother honda correct this
problem ride with the goldwing

.....or, if you ride twisties or the dragon, you'll wish you had...

...I live in southern Ontario,...we don't have twisties or monsters up here

....thanks for any follow-up

regads.....Ken

·
Registered
280 Posts
I put in Progressive front springs and couldn't be happier. I would think they would be cheaper than stock Hondas. Plus better.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Good question. Has anyone ever replaced stock springs with a new set of stock springs?
:popcorn:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds like you don't want to hear about any other brand of springs, so instead I'll tell you that I just replaced my stock Honda springs with only 125 miles on them with another company's springs. So, no, I would never replace the stock springs with new ones. Mine were new and I didn't like them.

W

·
0 Posts
I put in Progressive front springs and couldn't be happier. I would think they would be cheaper than stock Hondas. Plus better.
Surprisingly, no... they're not cheaper. Like you I assumed that Honda would be very proud of their parts including fork springs and that it would be cheaper (and better) to put aftermarket like Progressive. I was shocked to find that Honda's original springs are under $20 each for 01-05 and under $10 each for 06+.

S

·
0 Posts

....Ken
Ken why bother , service your forks , keep what you have and just keep riding . Changing out the OEM springs to OEM , is a total waste of time and money.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Good question. Has anyone ever replaced stock springs with a new set of stock springs?
Yes, someone has. I'm not going to waste time finding the posts thought

·
Registered
396 Posts

Hey man,
Thanks to your posts and some other info I came across, I ended up going with some 1.2's after trying the Progressives and I'm REALLY happy with them. I'll have a report soon in another post. Just wanted to say "Thanks."

Russ

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just replaced mine with Progressives and also replaced the steering bearings with All Balls, 20,000 Mls .... Left side fork oil was pitch Black ,right side Clear.... I'm told this is standard... I took it out for about an 80 mile road test, and I couldn't believe the difference it Made Well worth the 125.00 investment!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Ken.You know you are welcome to drop by and try mine.Progressive springs and All Balls with Metzeler tires.The ride is a huge improvement. Ric

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Well Rocky eludes to it and Rodie says he did it for a friend. Is there a third person out there?

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

....for those that feel the complelling need to express how dumb or pointless this is,
please try to control yourself as I've read, as we
all have, about other springs, valves, chin-up bars etc available with
other companies, the unimaginable, you can't believe it until you've
felt it ride, wish I had of done it sooner, why doesn't mother honda correct this
problem ride with the goldwing

.....or, if you ride twisties or the dragon, you'll wish you had...

...I live in southern Ontario,...we don't have twisties or monsters up here

....thanks for any follow-up

regads.....Ken

Ken..yes..."Cosmic_Chariot" has done so a couple months ago..Send him a PM to find out if he doesn't see this thread?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Well Rocky eludes to it and Rodie says he did it for a friend. Is there a third person out there?
It's been about a year since I dug through the countless posts related to springs, but it was pretty small number of people who did it. It may be only 2 people who have posted about it.

Hey man,
Thanks to your posts and some other info I came across, I ended up going with some 1.2's after trying the Progressives and I'm REALLY happy with them. I'll have a report soon in another post. Just wanted to say "Thanks."

Russ
Glad to have helped. Still lovin' mine.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
suspension

Ken.You know you are welcome to drop by and try mine.Progressive springs and All Balls with Metzeler tires.The ride is a huge improvement. Ric

> hey there Rick; nice to hear from you and thanks for the offer

> with this warm weather coming, if you've some free time on your
hands some Saturday morning, give me a call a drop by...

........Ken

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
suspension

I would never SAY how dumb that is
BUT I'M THINKING IT:shrug:

> yea, but the main this is.........you held yourself back !!!!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Surprisingly, no... they're not cheaper. Like you I assumed that Honda would be very proud of their parts including fork springs and that it would be cheaper (and better) to put aftermarket like Progressive. I was shocked to find that Honda's original springs are under $20 each for 01-05 and under $10 each for 06+.
That's still way too much money for the stock springs! I'd say six bits is about right.;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Geeze! You're right...$8.83 from HAL. There are more expensive springs in the hardware section at Lowe's......that will probably improve your ride...LOL!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts