GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trikers, do you replace front tire with stock size tire or do you use different size tire for longer wear or performance????

My wife is getting her Trike End of This Month.

Thanks for any info.

Brian

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install Backwards?

Wow, never would have thought of that, whats the deal with installing backwards?? I mean arent the radial belts designed to spin in forward rolling direction....

By no means am I questioning you, Im just wondering what this accomplishes.

Thanks for all of your advice Hatfield. Youve been a big help.

Brian

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Brian check out the GWRRA trike site.

You will get between 30,000 to 40,000 miles out of a M50 rear tire & mounting it backwards. The reason for mounting it backwards is that a rear tire is ment to handle the drive force & not the brakeing force. By switching it backwards it will handle the front brakeing force. Also when you look at one backwards the tread pattern looks like other front tires. Holly has one on her trike & loves it. You won't be sorry with one. I have never heard of anyone not likeing the M50 on the front of there trike. Hope this helps. There is a LOT of tread on one of these tires.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Just curious here....why doesn't that work on a 2 wheeler?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why won't it work regularly?

My best Guess Phil is that because it's a car tire you would fall on your keister the first time you leaned the bike over to go round a corner if you used it on a two wheel bike. JMHO... LOL.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
DOH....was thinking a rear tire for a 2 wheeler, not a trike. Thanks, Lennie. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts