GL1800Riders Forums banner

FRONT TIRE GL1800

927 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  cycledude 
#1 ·
JUST NEED SOME INFO ON THE METZLER FRONT TIRE FOR GL1800.
DEALER HAS NONE AND HAS 4 ON BACK ORDER FOR OTHER BIKES.
IF I AM CORRECT DIDNT METZLER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE
TIRE. ARE THEY ANY CLOSER TO SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

#2 ·
front tire

yes they did have aproblem i have not ridden on any oif the lastest stock but the one they replaced for me was fine for lots of miles and is just starting to cup now with about 10k on it and has some head shake while slowing down with to light of a grip on the bars... they spent alot of time in remanufacturing them and i have not tried the new ones ...

#3 ·
My Metzler front is wobbling now after 7000 miles. I can feel it with both hands on the bars, unless I hold firmly. If I let go, it feels as if the front end will come off! This is at the usual speeds of 30 to 50. Run 41-F &42R psi.

Are they doing anything about this at Metzler for us if we contact them?

#4 ·
Metzler has been replacing problem tires free of charge,that includes mounting costs. The fronts are not available rite now but should be available in a few weeks. I was one of the lucky ones my Metzler tires have been perfect. In fact I am so impressed that I ordered a second set of Metzlers on the turkey day sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.