GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's time for me to change out my front tire.
On my 2014 I could remove just one caliper (right) and slide the tire out without removing the other caliper.
yes I've read the manual instructions, but for those who've done this is it still possible to remove just the one (left) side caliper and leave the right one in place ?
No biggie if not, just wondering if it's doable thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
When I pulled my front to install the balancer, I removed both sides. No big deal as it’s just a few bolts and they slide out of the way.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understood thanks...I guess I'm just a bit lazy and I didn't like having to hang both calipers to take the weight off the hoses.... it was kinda pointless in my mind, so it seemed easier to just slide the one in and then rebolt the other on

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
I removed my front wheel to add an accessory to rear section of fender. I wondered the same as you, but since the calipers were so easy to set off, I just did it the Honda way. The previous model has a left caliper that is a PIA to remove, thus the popular shortcut. You will appreciate the new design. And, the procedure is somewhat backward of the previous.

prs

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the procedure is the opposite of the previous models, but it's good to know it's easier as well thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts