GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is about the darkside but would like to know what front tires are long lasting run with a 195/55/16 rear? Have 18,000 on rear and same on a Venom front. Any in put would help me deside on another front tire.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Tires from front to rear are unrelated accept that we want a tire that will give the high miles that a rear tire will give. Performance wise I not sure it really matters.. JMHO However, the BAX seems to give good life for straight line riding where the Demon seems to be performing well for aggressive riding. I think I'm going to give this one a shot next... Cheers...:doorag:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212477

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
709 Stone

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I am going from a Sport Demon back to a 709 Bridgestone.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
The Stone 709 is hard to beat as an all-around performer. However, if the majority of your riding has the 1800 in the vertical position, the Bridgestone Battlax Bias-ply will probably outlast your CT and then some.

S

·
0 Posts
I was just checking out my front tire (BT45) and at 16k it's looks like maybe 6-8k left.
Rear is a Kumho with the same mileage and it looks like 20k more is within reason as it looks almost as good as the new one on the shelf.

I ordering a new BT before our July trip to DC so I don't have to worry about last minute replacements. I think the rear will be good for the rest of this year.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
18K and you want something to outlast it? I need to start running Venoms.

S

·
0 Posts
Venoms are radials I believe - never for me I only run bias. (I'm kinda bias that way)

S

·
0 Posts
BT45r 120x18 are priced at $78 and the 130x18 are $105 I'm going all out and spending the extra bucks. Pretty much running 22-25k on these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts