GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Kumho 195/55/16 ecsta SPT RF is on it's way. Next Question--
Whats the best front tire to us with a rear ct, or does it matter?
Thanks
LK

·
Banned
558 Posts
Who knows...

Hi
My Kumho 195/55/16 ecsta SPT RF is on it's way. Next Question--
Whats the best front tire to us with a rear ct, or does it matter?
Thanks
LK
Lots of opinions on the board. All of them right! Each rider develops his or her own preference over time. I run a BT45 Rear bias ply mounted backwards to avoid stressing the belts when I brake. Some of the guys will tell you to how pleased they are with Avons, other Bridgestones, etc.. I don't intend to change from my BT45s unless I get less than 15,000 miles life out of it. The buzz in the handle bars keeps my hands from going to sleep... :joke:

Good luck. By asking your question, you've stirred the nest! Standing by to watch the match! :popcorn:

·
Registered
89 Posts
GLAD YOU ASKED!! I've got the same question. Been talking about going dark for a while now, finally have the cash to do it -- and looking for a front tire too.

I think I'm going to go with the BT45, rear tire, as it is supposed to wear pretty well, handle well -- and its a bit cheaper than the G709.

What rear tire are you going to get?? Think i'm going the run-flat route. Damn, I've been back and forth about this for weeks -- motorcycle tire, car tire, RF car tire, now I'm just gonna do it!!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have not run a 709, But my favorite thus far was the Avon Cobra. The Conti Motion is doing well, but will have to wait to see how well it lasts! I can tell you I DO NOT plan on running another Metzler 880 Marathon again. They are way to noisy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just put the Battalax BT45 on with the Kumho RF rear. It is quite amazing the difference in handling over the Dunlop Elite 3's that were on the bike when I got it. Rode about 1500 miles, in the Colorado Rockies and back to Texas, over the last week. Trailered it up and rode it back. Wanted to drive the 800 plus miles straight through going up. My back side can't take that much riding in one day anymore, HAHA. Anyway the handling was terrific in the twisties, and the front end shake at slow speed is almost gone now. All Balls will get rid of it completely now, I believe. Just my .02.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts