GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to order new front wheel bearings for my 01 Wing. I am not sure if I need to order qty 4 or qty 2 of part number 91055-MCA-003
It shows X2 out to the side, but not sure it that means it comes with 2 or you need to order two for each side.
Also does anyone know the part number for all metal right angle valve stems?

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Although there are 4 bearings, the units from Honda through Hal's micro fisch are attached, each pair to be one unit. You need two of Honda's units in order to get the 4 bearings. These are sold as pairs because they are Siameese twins, attached at the middle by a plastic retainer. Other equivalant bearings are sold seperately, thus you need 4 All Balls brand to get two pair. There may actually be a reliability advantge to having two fully sealed bearings on each side, but the Honda bearing "may" be of higher quality.

prs

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bearings

Anyone running the bearing kit from Bulldog? Just want to make sure the bearings are good quality being so much cheaper than the OEM bearings.
Just checking, but I am pretty sure if they were not good quality Bulldog would not be selling them.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Looks like BullDog is selling the AllBalls kit. I have such kit in my toolbox and I believe Max at Traxxion has stated their bearings are fine.

prs

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Anyone running the bearing kit from Bulldog? Just want to make sure the bearings are good quality being so much cheaper than the OEM bearings.
Just checking, but I am pretty sure if they were not good quality Bulldog would not be selling them.
I am! All Ball's bearings rock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts