GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Kury front wheel ring of fire, I have only had a chance to take a qwick look at the instructions which mentions wireing to a switched terminal, put the wire harness looks like a plug and play set up.
there is no mention about where this should be pluged in at.
Any suggestions?

Thx Wht Lightning

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would recommend wiring it to a switch. It can be installed as plug and play by connecting to the wiring behind the mirror boot with a "Y" harness which should have been included in the package.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
All of the Kuryakyn accessories that I have installed so far that require 12 volts comes with a harness that plugs into the stock wire harness in the rear behind the panel between the saddlebags.

I don't know if they intend for you to run the wiring that far from the front or not but there should be a similar harness close to the front if I were guessing.

It could very easily be the fog light harness that they intend for you to plug into. Even though you may not have fog lights, there is still a stock harness behind the lower cowling.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,793 Posts
I have my Ring of Fire as well as all my LED lights hooked up to a switch so I can turn them off in the daytime.

There are lots of different types of switches, but I use a switch unit that mounts on top of the front brake master cylinder that has three switches in the unit. They come in either chrome or black and the chrome units are available in a left side/clutch side or a right side/ front brake side. Both versions bolts on top of the master cylinders. The black units are only available for the right side.

Here is picture of the switch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts