GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love my ‘18 Tour but... It does not like to track correctly when driven slowly on uneven surfaces. My gravel driveway has put my Wing down a couple times and off to the side a few more. I also have stopped as I exited a roadside rest area KNOWING I had a front flat tire. I didn’t. I had just hit a tarred concrete joint. My other bikes have never had similar issues in the same conditions. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
What is your previous motorcycling experience?

Some tar snakes can be seriously squirrelly.

Reactions: CarpeDiem

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Straight as an arrow here and no, I wouldn't expect any motorcycle to be perfect on gravel, not even my GSA with or without knobbies.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a gravel driveway about 600 feet long with one sharp curve in it. The Wing doesn’t like it, but I don’t expect it to because it’s out if its element. My Harleys and ST1300 did not like it either. I just relax, lean forward a little, keep my head and eyes up, and have no issues.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,563 Posts
I have a gravel driveway and don't feel any difference between this 2018 and my old 2003 Gold Wing.

·
Registered
19,253 Posts
What ride mode are you riding in? If it is SPORT put it in TOUR for gravel

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Please have your steering head bearings and linkage checked. You may have a mechanical defect.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Consider adding a layer of recycled concrete to fill in between the larger (1"+) gravel. It will really make a difference for very few $$.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Try going faster !! And try rear brake with more throttle .

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I live on a mile long dirt road with some of it soft sand. This bike is no different than any of my others. In fact I think it handles better if I dont sweat it and let the size and weight carry it through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts